Chapter 47

For the first time since meeting my parents, I saw genuine fear in their eyes. They chose the wrong thing to use as a bargaining chip. Now they're realizing their mistake.

I saw movement out the corner of my eyes. I looked over to see a man dragging Xavier on to the field by his arms. I cocked my head to the side as Xavier stumbled, and the man yelled something in his ear. With a flick of my wrist, the man flew back smacking into a nearby tree. Releasing my son.

I looked down at Draco. "Get him." I ordered. He nodded, taking off towards Xavier. I faced my parents once again. "don't you ever touch my son again!" I snarled.

The man I called my father stepped forward. He flinched as lightening streaked across the sky, I watched him. "Give us the boy, or we'll take him by force!" he called out.

I laughed humorlessly as my feet once again touched the ground. As Draco and Xavier appeared, he ran over, clinging to my legs. "I'd like to see you try." I challenged him.

He signaled some of his men to attack. One from the left and one from the right started to come forward. I watched their every movement as they stalked towards Xavier. Are these men stupid? Or just had a death wish? Lucifer made to take a step towards them, but I held my hand up stopping him. This was my kill. If they are dumb enough to even attempt to touch Xavier, I wanted to kill them myself.

The one on the left gave a battle cry as he charged forward. Xavier and I both watched him, I smiled in amusement. The moment he got within a foot of Xavier, I shot my arm out. Catching him by the throat, I slammed his head repeatedly against the ground. I brought my fist back igniting it into a ball of flames, as I brought it down on his face. I stepped back as his body stilled.

"Mom! Watch out!" I heard Xavier call out from behind me. The guy that had been coming from the right jumped on my back. I struggled as he wrapped his arm around my neck, trying to put me to sleep. Suddenly his weight was lifted off me. I looked behind me to see Lucifer holding him in the air by his throat. I watched as he grabbed the bottom part of his legs then yanked. The body was ripped in half, before tossed to the ground.

"Impressive," my dad commented as he watched us. Lucifer stood behind me as Xavier stood to my right.  "but fun time is over. Attack them!" he shouted.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Don't tell me you guys were going to start the party without us?" everyone looked over at the new voice. Thanatos came walking out on the field. Along with Thor, Erebus, Sydney, and Jasmine. What the hell was she doing here? She stood next to Thanatos, a determined look on her face.

"Jasmine!" my father barked, "get over here at once."

She smiled at him, "Sorry daddy dearest, but I don't take orders from you anymore." I was shocked as she walked over, coming to stand at my side. Have I entered the twilight zone or what?

Thanatos walked up next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "That's my girl." Yup I definitely entered the twilight zone. What the hell happened in the day we were gone?

"Fine," he glared, "then you shall die along with them." I flinched slightly when Sydney appeared at my other side, grabbing my hand.

"I swear if I die, I'm hunting you from beyond the grave." She commented. I smiled. Why did I ever think I could go into battle without them? This was my family.  And family stuck together.

"I'm only here because I thought we were going to taco bell." Thor commented as he stood next to Xavier. I knew if things got ugly, I could count on him to protect him. Erebus stood next to Sydney. I watched as shadows started forming all around them.

Suddenly there was a sonic boom. A huge ball like form fell from the sky. Everyone turned as it landed in the ground several feet from us. We watched as a figure emerged. Ares stood in his gladiator armor strolling towards us. The sword he was carrying put mine and Draco's to shame.  "Room for one more?" he winked.

"Attack them all!" My father shouted again.

My eyes flashed as I started moving forward. Like magic my dagger appeared in my hand, flaming purple and orange. It's time to end this once and for all.

-----------------

Sorry for the short chapter and long wait. I've been re-editing Death Saved Me and making revisions so as to try and get it published. A lot has changed in the first book which means some of those changes will carry on to this book so I'll have to start editing this one soon as well so there's no confusions. Like for example Lucifer is no longer in the first book (i know sad) instead Lucifer is now known as Hades. and Hades is now known as Poseidon. Even Lilith has been removed and I think you guys can figure out who she's been replaced with. So all you team Lucifer people will officially be team Hades. Same parts and personalities just a different name. I wanted to make it more just about the gods and who else would be a better replacement for Lucifer beside Hades? I actually think the story has gone better since all the replacements. I cant wait for you guys to read it! So it may take me a while to update this book as I'm still focusing on the first one, But anyways enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a nice day.