Chapter 30

I was shocked to see my best friend making out with someone other than her husband. Sydney was boy crazy, but she was never a cheater.

"Did you want to join us Isabel?" Noeros asked me.

I ignored him as I focused on my best friend guilty face. "Sydney what is going on here?"

The guilty look switched to confusion for a moment, but she still didn't answer. "I'm afraid I have used your friend as a pawn." Noeros spoke up. I finally gave him the attention he wanted as he stood up from the bed. "I wanted to get you alone, but you're always surrounded by males of the unholy kind." I didn't notice it before but it's clear this guy just likes to hear himself talk.

"You had to make out with my friend to do that?"

He licked his lips as he looked back at Sydney. "That was just a treat for myself, hope you're not jealous love?"

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms glaring at him. I was so sick of people that didn't even know me wanting something from me. Why can't people just let me be? I came here to escape drama not find more.

"I've been in contact with your mother." After he uttered those words I instantly went on guard. Does my mom know I'm here? Does she know Xavier is here? "Relax I didn't tell her anything, although she offered a good penny for any information."

His words didn't ease my paranoia. "She offered you money?"

"She offered me anything I desired, me and a bunch of others. Some took the deal." He shrugged.

So there's a bounty on my head. "How many others? Are they gods too?" I need to tell the others this as soon as possible.

"Gods, humans, even a few demons." Humans? They're bringing humans into this? I could feel my stress level rising. Which isn't good, the phoenix could probably take over if I don't control my emotions.

"What's going on Isabel?" I looked behind me to see Lucifer standing there. Since I was still standing in the doorway he was extremely close to my back, I could feel his body heat. He looked over my shoulder trying to get a better look into the room.

I turned around fully to block his view. "What are you doing here?"

He rolled his eyes as he focused on me. "Who's in there?"

"Who's in where?" I tried to casually lean against the door frame.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "You either move or I'm going to move you." I stiffened trying to make a decision. I didn't doubt he'd move me, but I wasn't in the mood for a confrontation between him and Noeros. "You got ten seconds." He continued.

I sighed moving to the side. He gave me a winning smirk walking pass.

"Great, one of the unholy." Noeros commented. Lucifer studied the scene much like I did. A dazed Sydney and a cocky Noeros. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for him to put two and two together.

"Well then, what kind of party did I crash?"

"Noeros says I have a bounty on my head." I told him.

"That wouldn't be surprising." He answered all nonchalant.

I scoffed. "Its very surprising, she's even using humans and some of your demons."

He frowned at me. "My demons? What makes you think they're mine?"

"You're the devil so you're the one with demons."

"Such labels Isabel." He shook his head smiling. He could be a real creep sometimes.

"If not your demons then...Lilith's? she's had it out for me since I've known her." It'd make sense that the demons belong to Lilith. Does she have her own demons? I remember her mention them once to Thanatos.

"That's a possibility." He looked thoughtful for a second.

"Well its either her or you." I glared at him.

"Now that that's settled you can go ahead and take your leave." Noeros shooed him off. Lucifer took his attention off me to focus on him.

"Was I talking to you? Or am I speaking with Isabel? So why do you think its ok to address me?" He cocked an eyebrow at him.

I could see the steam come out of Noeros ears, he really hated Lucifer. Maybe more than Hades does.

"I'm sure Isabel no longer needs your company, right?" He not so subtly looked back at Sydney, as if making a threat. Was he saying if I didn't get Lucifer to leave he'll do something to Sydney? I could feel my blood starting to boil. How dare he threaten her!

"If you think I'm going to sit here and let you threaten her you're wrong! He's not going anywhere, if you got a problem with that then do something about it."

He glared at me, stupidly taking a step forward. I felt a smirk grace my lips at his actions, so he wants to play then?

Just as my palms started heating up I felt another hand close around it. I looked up to see Lucifer shaking his head at me. "Control."

"I'm in control." I hissed at him. Can he not tell I'm in control?

"Your eyes are flashing from purple to orange." He frowned. What?

"So the rumors are true then, you really are the first-born phoenix." Noeros commented in awe.

Another person to stare at me like I'm some freak. "There's rumors also?"

Lucifer walked over to Sydney examining her. I wonder if he can tell she's under some type of spell. "What did you do to her?"

Noeros rolled his eyes at the question. "I tried to put a spell on her to make her fall in love with me, but the love she has for Erebus was too strong. So I just kind of paralyzed her." He shrugged.

"You did what!?" I shrieked. He paralyzed her? I'm going to kill him. 

-----------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait guys but guess what! Death Saved Me might get published. which means Im going to be working on editing that so you might not get updates as quickly for this anymore :( Anyways hope you guys enjoy!