Chapter 39: Set Free

It feels like I've been sitting here for hours. I wonder if anyone else has been found? If not than Lucifer totally sucks at hide and seek. I sighed leaning against the flower pot I was originally looking over. No reason to look now I don't think he's ever going to come. I wish I brought my phone with me, at least I could be playing games right now. I started tracing patterns on the ground next to me, when I finally heard footsteps. I slowly raised up to look over the flower pot, there was no one there. Guess he must've passed-

"Gotcha!" I screamed as hands grabbed my waist from behind. He lifted me up in the air before settling me back on my feet.

I spun around to glare at him. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" I punched him in the chest while he laughed.

"You should've seen your face." He continued to laugh.

I crossed my arms waiting patiently for him to stop. "Are you done yet?" After a few more giggles he finally sobered up. "Did you catch anyone else?"

"I caught Draco since he was lurking around the garden which kind of gave away that you were in here somewhere." He shrugged. Son of a bitch. "So now you have to help me find the others."

"What? That's not how that works." I shook my head at him.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Either help me or I don't look for them, choice is yours."

Wow he can really be like his brother sometimes. "If you really need my help that much." I made a move to bump his shoulder as I passed, but instead I tripped over a garden rock falling towards him. He caught me before I could face plant into a plant. He secured his arms around me, I looked up to thank him only to catch the intense look he was giving me. Oh boy I know that look. I need t get out of his arms before this goes too- my thoughts were interrupted when he smashed his lips to mine.

His lips were warm and soft, he pulled me up closer to him to get a better angle. I know I should've pulled away and stopped this, but instead I kissed him back. I reached up to wrap my arms around his neck deepening the kiss. He ran his tongue along my bottom lips and I allowed him entrance. The moment his tongue made contact with mine it felt like everything changed. It felt familiar the way we moved in sync with each other but also so new. He hands slid from my waist down to my butt where he gripped it firmly. A moan left my mouth as he grinded himself against me. I could feel my body temperature rising, I wanted more of this. More of him.

Almost like he could read my mind he hoisted me up, walking over to the garden bench. Surprisingly it was soft when he laid me down on it. I hesitated a moment when he climbed on top. I knew gods didn't care much about nudity, but I wasn't comfortable having sex on a bench in broad daylight. Is that what was about to happen? We were going to have sex? Again? I pulled away from him. "I don't think we should do this here." I bite my lip as he looked at me. There was so much lust and adoration in his eyes I had to look away.

"Don't worry I got us covered." With a snap of his finger the garden changed into his bedroom. I was now laying comfortably on his bed. "Better Mi Amor?" He whispered in my ear. Not sure what language he was speaking but it sounded hot.

"Much better." I pulled his mouth back to mine.

I yawned stretching my hands over my head. I rolled over expecting to see Lucifer, but he was nowhere in sight. I sat up quickly realizing what I just done. Did I just have sex with Lucifer? The breeze I was feeling under the covers confirmed that. Oh my god. I cheated on Thanatos! How could I cheat? He's going to kill me when I tell him, and then Lucifer. I have to go find him and get this over with. I slipped out of bed looking around for my clothes. Once I found them I hurriedly slipped them on before sliding out the room, only to bump into Lucifer.

"Sneaking out on me?" He questioned. I blushed when I noticed he was only wearing shorts. His perfect tan sculpted chest on display. He had a bowl of fruit in his hands.

I pointed to it. "What are you doing with that?"

He lifted the bowl higher. "I went to find the rest of the hiders while you slept, then went to grab you some fruit for you to eat."

"How did you know I wasn't going to wake up before you found everyone?" His timing was almost perfect.

He rolled his eyes. "I've shared the bed with you more times than you can remember. I know how long you're going to sleep." He answered matter of factly. "Where are you going anyways?"

His question made me remember my terrible mission. "To see Thanatos."

He nodded in understanding. "Want me to go with you?" It was a very tempting offer, but I rather he has time to hide before Thanatos comes after him.

"No, I have to do this on my own." My eyes widened when he reached out pulling me into a hug. It wasn't the hug that shocked me though. It was the thought that I never wanted him to let me go. What was going on with me?

"If he gives you any trouble just call my name." He pulled back to look me in the eyes.

I nodded. "Got it." I moved around to walk past him when I felt a hard slap on my butt. I yelped turning around to glare at him, but he was already walking into his room, whistling.

I paced outside of Thanatos door terrified to go in. We've only been together for like a day and I cheated. I'm a horrible girlfriend.

"How long you planning to stand out there?" A voice called from the other side of the door. Great he knew I was out here. I sighed pushing the room door open. He was laying on the bed, hands behind his head. He looked so relaxed I didn't want to break the bad news to him.

I stood in the doorway, in case I needed to escape. "Um we need to talk."

"You slept with my brother."

"No, I slept with- wait what? How do you know?" My eyes widened as he just laid there studying me.

"I thought making you my girlfriend would kill any feelings you had for him. Apparently that didn't happen. So now I know."

"You know what?" I asked.

He winked at me. "That is for you to find out."

I was so confused with his reaction. "Why aren't you mad at me? I cheated on you."

He sighed, getting off the bed and walking over to me. He studied me for a moment before placing a hand on my cheek. "I care deeply for you Isabel, more than I ever thought I could. More than I ever have. I wanted you, still do. I'm a stubborn guy and like to get what I want. It pains me to say this, but you're not mine. You stopped being mine the moment Lucifer entered your life again."

"That's not true." I argued.

"Isabel not to sound conceited or anything but before he showed up all of your attention was on me. No other guy could compete." He was right. I found a lot of guys attractive, but I never wanted anything more with them. Why did that change when Lucifer showed up?

"This doesn't make any sense."

He laughed. "It makes perfect sense, nothing can keep you two apart. Not me killing you and not me loving you. I tried my hardest to keep him away from you, and still you ended up meeting him."

"I'm tired of everyone telling me about my life! I'm meant to be with this person, I need to kill this person. I wish I never met any of you!" I screamed. I guess I've officially lost my mind. I'm just so sick of everything and everyone. Life was much simpler when I had a cheating boyfriend and parents that didn't love me.

"You wish you never had Xavier?" He just has to be a smartass, doesn't he?

"I didn't mean it like that." I mumbled.

"As much as it pains me to admit these things, there's something else you should know. Another reason why I have to give you up." His eyes looked pained. I've never seen that look on him before.

"What?" I was almost scared to hear his answer.

----------------------------

Hi its been awhile! Been busy but anyways hope you guys enjoy :)