Chapter 32: Answer

I stood frozen for a second. "Be your what?" was he really asking me to be his girlfriend? The big bad Thanatos? Me be his girlfriend?

He sighed dramatically. "You can't be this slow Isabel, do I need to spell it out for you?"

I glared at him. "I'm not slow I'm just...processing."

"Well you need to process a little faster. Honestly its kind of a hit to my ego that you're not jumping up and down in excitement right now."

Was this really happening? Him asking me to be his girlfriend? I used to dream of this moment, but now that's here I don't know what to do. What would the others think? Would they accept our relationship?

"I'm two seconds from taking my offer back." I focused back on him as he watched me wearily. He wasn't sure what my answer would be, yet he still asked. Was he just trying to make a move before Lucifer? Or did he genuinely want to be with me? Only one way to find out.

"Lucifer already asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes." I watched his reaction closely, he simply shrugged. Not what I was expecting.

"If he'll make you happy, congrats."

I crossed my arms watching him. "That's it? Congrats?"

He faced me head on. "If he makes you happy Isabel there's nothing I can do about that, if you want me to still fight for you I will. But if you're happy there's no need to. Plus, I know I have a bigger di- "

"Ok I get it!" Why is he such a pervert? "I'm just kidding though he didn't ask me, I'd love to be your girlfriend." I grinned at him.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "We weren't even dating, and you were already lying to me?" He made his way towards me.

I backed up against a wall, great. Why is there always a wall blocking my escape? "It wasn't a lie just a little joke."

He got closer. "Jokes make people laugh Isabel, do you see me laughing?" He leaned down pressing his forehead against mine. Indeed he was not laughing.

"W-well it wasn't one of those type of jokes." I was starting to get nervous with him being this close to me.

He smirked at me. "W-what type of joke was it then?" He mocked me. I laid a hand on his chest intending to push him back, until I felt the abs through his shirt. Dear god, they were so hard and firm. I couldn't help but drag my hand lower. He really was a god. "Go any lower and you'll end up with a big problem." I pulled my hand back as if he burned me.

"You're in my personal space." I rolled my eyes.

"Your personal space is my space." He gave me a hard smack on my ass. I jumped, shoving him hard away from me as he laughed.

"You seriously got issues." I rubbed my butt as I walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked from behind me.

"Away from you pervert!" I ran out of the room before he could stop me. I was running down the hall occasionally looking over my shoulder, Thanatos was right behind me. To my horror he had his scythe with him, I haven't seen that since the bridge. Why does he have it now? Now I really need to run.

I was started to get tired, I could feel my legs weakening. Where was my phoenix when I needed her? She can't loan me some stamina? I looked over my shoulder once against after turning several corners to check for Thanatos. I let out a sigh of relief when I didn't see him. I stopped, leaning against a wall to catch my breath. 

"You really are out of shape babe." I let out a scream as he suddenly appeared in front of me.

"How did you catch up with me? I didn't even see you!" He was leaning against the opposite wall from me, twirling his scythe.

He rolled his eyes as if the answer was obvious. "I'm a god Isabel." As is that explained everything.

"What are you doing with that?" I pointed towards the weapon in his hand.

He stopped twirling it to study it, as if just noticing it. "Does this make you nervous?" he asked me.

Hell yeah it does! "No, I'm just curious."

He smirked like he knew what I was really thinking. "I thought we could play a game."

"What kind of game involves that?"

"Since you're my girlfriend now I think you should know what it is that I truly do." He walked towards me.

"I don't think that's necessary." I don't know what it is he has in mind, but I want no part of it.

"Stop being a chicken, grab it." He winked at me as he held the scythe out.

"No."

"You either grab it willingly, or I'll force you."

I glared at him. "So far you suck at being a boyfriend. When's the last time you even had a girlfriend?" Maybe if I change the subject he'll forget this little experiment.

He laughed out loud at my question. "Do I seem like the dating type to you Isabel?"  I shrugged. "The answer is never, you're my first."

"So, I took your girlfriend virginity?" I gasped dramatically. He rolled his eyes. He quickly reached out and grabbed my hand, forcing it on the scythe. I screamed as a reflex, I mean I was expecting it to burn or something. "Well ok then."

"Close your eyes, or it wont work." He instructed.

"What won't work? I don't even want to do this!" I argued.

"Isabel, do you trust me?"

Did I trust him? I mean sometimes I did I wouldn't say I trusted him 100%. Times like these is when I definitely did not trust him. He raised an eyebrow at my late reply. "I mean I guess."

"Good, then close your eyes." I took a deep breath, before closing them. Suddenly the air picked up around us. I opened my eyes to see we were in a tornado. Everything was spinning around us quickly, a blur of colors mixing together. Thanatos and I stood in the middle of it clutching the weapon. What is going on? My hair was blowing all over the place. Then just as suddenly as it started, it stopped. But we were no longer at home that much I knew. This place was dark, not a light in sight. Somehow though I could see.

"Where are we? What happened?"

"I gave you my powers, you're going to be me for a day."