So Apparently Ranked is a Thing Now

A/n: Moi baby bous are playing ranked hnggg so proudd

"Sorry for the wait..."

"GLASSES?!"

Not even turning towards the now-heartbroken-Glasses, you kept looking at the "King Ranked Cup" sign.

'Huh. I wonder if the blue team will have me replace someone?'

Hearing a loud crashing noise, you reacted upon instinct by turning to face the ruined Crust Bucket, with Emperor towering over the debris with his inkjet.

"JUST WHAT IN THE WORLD?!"

"Emperor?! You escaped with an inkjet?!"

Making a 'tch' noise, you drifted the "conversation" onto a more important matter, "It doesn't matter what he did but what he's doing now!"

The stared at you in bamboozlement.

Pretending to let rage consume you as a part of the gag, you screamed, "SERIOUSLY! Look at this! Using his special in the square?! Should be illegal! I mean, if I could press on my R stick and activate Ultra Stamp or some shit WHILE in the plaza, I would have raided Ammo Knights and Crust Bucket at level one!"

You noticed Crusty Shawn back away a little.

Noticing the silence, you added a small 'hmph' or emphasis.

"Uhm well..."

"Why don't we all participate King Ranked Cup together?"

'dOn'T iGnOrE mE gOgGlEs!1!1!1'

Pushing your thoughts away, you allowed the time-skip to take place.

Time Skip brought to u by: wtf was that transition i did XD—

After establishing the fact you would be replacing poor Bobble Hat again, Glasses gave a fInAl wArNiNg:

"Compared to turf wars, ranked battles are hard! Be careful!"

...

...

...

"Uh, (Y/n)? Why are you covering your face?"

"I really can't help but cringe at that some-what untrue statement."

"Eh?"

"Well, whatever," you sighed, "Let's just head to Blackbelly for some Tower Control!"

And so was the match between team Blue-per vs team green.

"Go!"

Starting by charging your special for a bit with your (f/w), you soon followed after the blue-per team, who were all sitting on the tower enjoying the ride.

'Seriously? With all this uninked turf around you, we're prone to a flank!'

Knowing that such an event wouldn't occur, you chose to play along and join them on the tower.

Knowing backwards boyo would soon try to splat all of you with his sloshing machine, you stayed attached to the sides of the tower.

"Huh? (Y/n)? Why are you doing that—"

Splat!

Splat!

Splat!

Allowing them to get on, knowing as they were too dumb to ink your side of the tower, you desperate hoped your team wasn't stupid enough to super jump to you.

... And they weren't.

Knowing Emperor would come soon to splat them, you decided to get the two on the tower, now claiming the tower for your team.

Splat!

Splat!

Teammates joining you, you began to progress smoothly, hitting the second checkpoint.

"Get off the tower!"

Hearing the noise of Backwards's sloshing machine, you fled off the tower, and splat-hopped away to central area.

Hearing the noises of your team getting splatted, you heading up towards the central tower of Blackbelly, where you found just what you expected, an unsuspecting Safari Hat. Quickly splatting him from behind, you lightly squid-bagged as you took a short amount of time to asses the situation.

Decoding they were all distracted, you allowed yourself to fall on the tower, only to be shot mid-air by a sloshing machine.

'pRiCk fOoLeD mE!!1!'

Bamboozled by this slight change in intelligence, you kept doing exactly what Bobble Hat did/was supposed to do.

"Game!"

Resulting in your victory.

"It's a knockout! Victory for team blue!"

After doing him an amazed, the disabled Glasses began as he looked through his squid-phone, "That Vintage we met the other day... The X-Blood were the fasted to clear the preliminaries."

"Well no shit, Sherlock."

"X-Blood... I've heard rumors of them," Emperor pondered, eyes slightly moving towards you. "Team Emperor used to be the 'Monarchs of Turf Wars', but the X-Blood reign as the 'Supreme Rulers of Ranked...'"

"hOw dOeS tHaT eVeN wOrK?!"

"?"

You sighed, "Uhh, just continue."

"..."

"..."

"Uh, well next up is the real deal! We're heading for the championships!"

A/n: No shit, I don't get how u can be the best at turf war but not really that decent in ranked.

Doin a bamboozle.

Uhh this chapter feels short.

Hhh.

Also
I get kinda frustrated when characters do dumb stuff liek, wHy aRe yOu aLl oN tHe tOwEr?? I get it goes faster, but what about defending it?? Blue team I guess it okay, but Emperor shouldn't you be smarter? And why do Green team like... it's like their not trying? Scripting Splatoon battles is hard, I acknowledge that, but it feels poorly written. It's still enjoyable tho.

Also Glasses,
wHaT dO yOu mEaN cOmPaReD tO tUrF wAr, rAnKeD iS hArD? Turf war can be seen as a 5th ranked mode, just not ranked, I guess in ranked you go against your level, tho that doesn't apply in the Corocoro manga, so hek? Just cuz it only be unlocked at level 10 or smth doesn't really mean anything.