Fresh Fresh Greenery

"Wake up! The battle's over!"

Goggles was sleeping.

In the fucking middle of Inkopolis. Oh, and Bobble hat, just, happened to not be there. Ooh wow.

Wait, isn't she supposed to be here?

You dug through your box of memories, only to come out empty-handed.

"Huh? What am I doing right now?"

Oh, fucking finally. Cinnamon roll is awake. Let's celebrate—

"I forgot—"

"Good job losing your precious Tentatek Splattershot," you sarcastically interrupted, patting the cinnamon roll's back.

"MORON!" team blue insulted,
disappointed in their blue friend.

"As always, team stupidity," Backwards(-kun) (A/n: Hey, it just sounds better...) commended, he and the rest of the green team with him.

Ever since the blue team battled with them, the two teams have been close friends. Heck, you even had all their numbers— well except for Cleat(-chan), but that's okay.

"Huh? It's a message from Safari," Beanie(-chan) (A/n: I'll stop...) noticed, perking up at the notification. You turned towards her. Oh, this is the part when—

"He got stuck in fresh concrete."

"WHAT?!"

"Tell him to squid flop his way out," you monotonously suggested, pretending to act bored for comic relief. Sadly, noone heard you over Goggles, "WEAPON WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"I'll give you my shooter."

"!"

YES FUCKING FRESH BOI

sPlItOoN 2 iS nEaR

"I'm a cool guy, after all."

"Who?"

"What's that hair style?"

"I've never seen that gear or weapon before!"

"So cool~!"

"Silly maggots, Splatoon 2 exists now," you joked, half right.

"Gloves!" You casually beamed at him, earning a "u wot m8" face from the green inkling.

"Huh? What?"

"Nothing, just fan-girling. Go on," you casually assured, nonchalantly.

"Uhm, I'm Gloves," he introduced, regaining his composure, "This weapon and gear are the latest models! This hair style is also a future trend!"

"Trend? Well, it's kinda cool," Glasses deadpanned in envy.

"I'll give it a shot!" Goggles exclaimed, about to mess with Glasses's fresh cobalt blue tentacles.

"NEVERMIND!"

You snickered.

"Here you go," Gloves openly interrupted, handing over the Splattershot, "you guys can keep it."

Huh? Wasn't it supposed to be, "if you don't have the money, just keep it,"?

"Really?!"

"Now we can battle again!"

"You're a pretty good guy!"

The others beamed, while you were still mildly frowning. And bamboozled as to why Gloves had made this change. You hadn't interacted before, so what the fuck..?