Chapter 22 We All Fall Down

I think @CrazySanity may have wanted to kill Ashton in the last chapter and I was laughing at their comments. I had to be done though. Sorry if you want to kill me for breaking the Lashton.

-------------------------------

Ashton

How could he be out? How could there be a lack of evidence? It was simple, he forced me to have sex with him and I didn't want to do it. It was like hearing that someone could completely ruin your life and no one would do anything about it.

I hadn't told anyone about Harrison being out because I didn't want them all to worry about me. I had just broken up with Luke and I didn't want him to worry about me. Now more than ever was a time to distance myself from him. I may be at odds with him but I still cared about him.

My only friend for the past couple of days was my friend Mr Small Piece Of Metal. When I got back from the police station after I found out, I cut myself so furiously and wildly that there was blood splatters all over the bathroom. I learned that my worst nightmare was still a threat to me, could you blame me?

I would have to keep up appearances at school though so that no one would suspect anything. So I pulled on a basketball tee, it was short like all my new clothing and stopped just bellow my belly button. Luke had really made a more confident person and I hadn't even realised. I pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans and white converses. I spent over an hour practicing my smile in the mirror so it was believable. I looked pale as fuck, purple rings around my eyes. I looked dead, but then again that's how I felt.

"Ashton? You're going to be late if you don't leave soon" Ellie snapped up the stairs. I had been off with them the past weekend as well. I may have wanted to break up with Luke, but so did they before I told them I even wanted to. That's what annoyed me.

I guess keeping distance from everyone right now would be the best thing right now. Who knows where Harrison is right now? I can't imagine he's going to be the happiest person in the world that I got him arrested. Suddenly I had the wait of the world again.

I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder. Time to face everyone I guess. I wouldn't put it past everyone to be choosing sides. Everyone would choose Luke because I was the loser and he was the king of the school. I think Michael would be on my team, maybe Annie, Calum would be on Luke's team as well as the rest of the school. I suppose it was going to be like it was before.

I walked to school thinking that it would clear my head but everyone also walking to school was staring at me when I walked past. I suppose that being Luke Hemmings' boyfriend was big news, so when you break up with Luke Hemmings there would be more than just a ripple in Greendale's social scene.

It got worse when I walked into school. Every head followed me down the hallway, even the teachers were staring at me. Definitely more than a ripple. I focused my attention on the tiled floor, this was like it was at every other high school I had ever been to. Being the outcast. I walked into something hard...and in a letterman jacket.

I glance up to see the lushness of baby blue eyes, the colour of ice, the colour of the sky. They were vast yet empty like an ocean. They belonged to the one person I trusted everything to. "Can we talk?" he simply muttered.

I nodded and followed him into an empty classroom.

-------------------------------

Luke

This weekend had been the worst of my life. I had never felt so bare, so empty, so exposed before. I had gone from the king of the school to Ashton Irwin's little bitch. And I was happy about it.