Chapter 19 Gotta Let It Happen

Ashton

"You said 'Urm...thank'?" Michael shrieked from the hotel room. I was in the shower washing Luke off me. Let's pretend I didn't say that actually. I rubbed my Lynx shower gel all over myself.

"What else was I gonna say. We've been going out for a few months and I'm not sure if I love him" I shrieked. I didn't want to seem desperate and say I love him just because he said it; I also didn't want him to say he loved him just because we did the you-know-what.

"Yes you do actually. What did he say?" Michael enquired. Was it weird that he was sat talking to me when I was in the shower? I think I know when I love someone and don't. Well actually I don't because no one ever has ever really loved me before.

"He said you're welcome" I stated. Now that I say it out loud I realise how bad that actually sounds. It just sounded like we were casual friends not two people who were in a relationship. I could never be friends with Luke, we're too different but in a relationship we bring out the best in each other.

"Why did he say I love you anyway?" Michael asked. I may not have told him about the whole tug and pull thing. It's awkward to talk to friends about sex, let alone when we're both guys. And Michael being a virgin as well.

"It was a heat of the moment type of thing. He just kind of said it" I explained while I dried myself off with my towel. I technically didn't lie to him, it was a heat of the moment type of thing. I didn't tell him what kind of heat though.

"Yeah but what was the moment entailing?" Michael enquired.

"Just stuff" I replied. Not hiding the childish giggle in my voice. I mean we didn't have sex but I mocked it I guess.

"Oh my God you had sex didn't you?" Michael shrieked. Geez if I had parents then I would say who was he my parents. So instead I'll just say who the hell are you my Ellie and James? Was it that obvious that we had done what we did? Was I giving off a vibe?

"We didn't have sex. We did stuff but we didn't have sex" I huffed, storming out the bathroom in my sweat pants and loose teeshirt and dinosaur socks. Michael pulled a weird duck like face. He was weirded out by the whole sex talk.

I went and sat next to him on the bed. "I just don't want to say I love you when it isn't true. I have no idea what love feels like" I explained. Michael gave me a sympathetic love.

"You'll know it when it happens"

-------------------------------

Luke

"Now the Greendale Hellcats" The announcer screamed. Our cheer squad came running out onto the dance floor. Me, Calum, Michael and Annie were sat on the bleachers watching them.

Ashton waved at us from the front of the squad. 'Something Kinda Ooh' started playing and they leapt into action.

I looked at everyone, glad they didn't know about my little...outburst. I did mean it...I just didn't want to say it yet. I was in love with Ashton Irwin. Someone I met eight months ago, someone that I only started dating two months ago. It was insane but I didn't care. He drove me insane.

They finished their routine and ran off to the side, waving cheerily to the crowd/audience. I wanted to go and talk to him but that would seem desperate wouldn't it? I wasn't anyone who came off desperate. Hell naw. I really wanted to talk to him though.

"Go and talk to him" Michael muttered quietly so Calum and Annie wouldn't hear. I nodded at him and snuck down the bleachers while another squad performed.

Ashton was wiping his head with a towel and chatting with Kiera. Well more like arguing but who really cares. He always argues with the cheerleaders, which is ironic since he is one.

"Ash can I talk to you for a second?" I asked loud enough for him to hear. All the cheerleaders started sorting their hair and makeup out when they saw me. Jesus give it a fucking rest, the power of the pussy doesn't appeal to me anymore. Especially not a nasty used on like yo hoes. Ashton scoffed at them all and marched over to me with his arms crossed.

He leant against the wall and I leant over him. I pressed my forehead against his. "What's up?" he asked with a worried expression.

"We need to talk about what happened last night" I smiled at him. This was a weird conversation to have, I have literally never said those words to anyone before let alone meant them about someone before.

"You were in the heat of the moment. It's okay I know you didn't mean it" he shrugged. Is that seriously what he thought? That just because I you know what that I would just say that I love him.

"You're wrong..." I explained. He looked at me weirdly, not really understanding what I meant.

"I love the way that you don't even bother with your hair because it always goes messy. I love the way that you always sing along to a song on the radio. How great a dancer you are..." I began. He was looking at me with a smile that he was trying to hide on his face.

"...I know that you've been through to many families to ever get attached to one before. I know you don't like to settle down in one place. I know that you like dancing because your mom was a dancer and that it makes you feel safe because of that. I know that you want to be a happy person. I love that you are the strongest sexiest person I've ever met. Most of all I love you" I finished. He had tears forming in the corners of his eyes. I pulled his hands into mine and caught his lips in mine. He moaned into my lips and back into his.

"You just gotta let it happen. Whenever you're ready" I reassured him. He smiled and pressed his lips back to mine.

-------------------------------

Ashton

The car ride back was pretty quick. Mainly because I slept most of the time. Ellie and James were both out at work so me and Luke had the house to ourselves.

Luke was laying out on my bed listening to Paramore while I walked out in a towel. He wolf whistled at me before I pulled my boxers on which made him aww at me in disappointment. "You always have sex on your mind don't you?" I giggled at him.

Luke shrugged and watched me sort my stuff out while I was still in my boxers. Had to give him something to keep him occupied.

"Hey why are your walls bare. I get why you don't like order furniture or something but a couple of posters couldn't hurt" Luke laughed at me. Maybe a couple of posters couldn't hurt? I liked it here and I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. I had built a life here and I wasn't giving that up. I picked up a black pen and walked over the the wall.

Gotta Let It happen ~ Ashton

I never really noticed how neat my handwriting was until I saw it in big font. I handed the pen to Luke. He smiled and walked over to the wall.

Luv you Ash ~ Luke