Thirteen_ calling

Maxwell trained his eyes on her as she waltzed in. He was unreceptive to visitors especially during late hours till their paths crossed. And even at that, it was a hard time having to see her leave after everything. Watching her from the balcony, he saw her pat her hair repeatedly as she paced front and back the entryway. She quickly withdrew her hand each time she reached for the bell, fisting and unfisting them before having the courage to do so.

He chuckled at her nervousness before retreating to open the door. He walked to the dinning room, setting the dishes for two; dinner had never been better. He situated himself to have a direct view of her still standing at the doorway.

He studied her as her eyes locked his with silent pleas. Those eyes which he'd always loved to see were somehow detached from everything. He had seen the video along with thousands of Nigerians and the ache in his heart made him want to give the fool who posted that a time in jail.

Her eyes bulged at his unfazed look. Leaving his for a second, she returned her's to see him still staring. She twitched her lips holding back her tears to which he rolled his eyes. She made two steps forward, halting as he relaxed in his chair, his expression blank as a board.

He gave a haughty smile as she froze at the edge of a cushion. Images of the kiss they once shared clouding his mind like a repeated scene. He raised a brow as she tapped her hands on the edge of the chair, an idea suddenly filling his mind as he picked a chicken drumstick from his open dish.

As he adjusted in his chair, a crooked smile on his face, he raised the chicken drumstick to his lips.

The drumstick had been boiled and then fried in sauce. The smell of the dish wafted to her nostril as he twirled it in air.

She swallowed deeply as his deep brown eyes focused on her face.

He licked the side of the drumstick, his tongue trailing his lips before opening his mouth and stucking a side of it in. His mouth closed on it, taking a bite and she felt her stomach go up in flames.

He removed the now half piece munching on the meat in his mouth slowly and purposefully biting his lower lip triggering her shallow exhales. He blew into air, his mouth forming a pout that made her lips quiver.

Two can play the game she thought as she proceeded the steps leisurely, open the top two buttons of her shirt. Taking a seat opposite him she picked another drumstick meeting his eyes. She raised the piece to eye level, peering at him as she sucked on the tip of the piece. She hid her smile as he moaned from the activity.

Feeling encouraged, she bit on the tip, pausing to hold the stare as she took a chunk off the piece. She closed her eyes as she munched on the piece with a smacking sound as she swallowed. His loud growl sent her eyes open as his adam apple bubbled.

"What now?" his voice came out in a rasp.

"What now?" she replied batting her eyelids.

Damn it, she could make a man go crazy, he thought as he felt an ache within. The old him would have her screaming his name in seconds but this was a different ball game. He wanted so much to resist the offer but all sense of that was lost when he felt a graze on his leg.

"Damn it," he swallowed. They were many ways to satisfaction as he reciprocated the offer making sure not to break the eye contact.

He watched her pupils dilate as she arched her back giving him access to his exploration. He probed further till he heard her soft whispers.

"Max...Maxwell," she stammered, holding to the edge of the table as her body shuddered from the effect.

As his belt came loose, a shattering sound was heard in the living room followed by subsequent gunshots.