02: Fresh Meat

⊱⋅ ─ 02: FRESH MEAT

Felix didn't know how, didn't know when or why he would trust these complete strangers, but he sure knew that he didn't think twice when he hopped on the train with them.

"So I'm reckon you're from either the Farming District, Lower Class or Overseas Transportation," Chan turned to Felix as they rode a train back to the Lower Class Residence, five other boys came minutes before the departure of the said train.

Felix nodded, "Lower Class," he said, "Not the nicest neighborhood, but it's where I grew up, eventually."

"That sounds good, I'm from the same place," Chan smirked once again, it sort of annoyed Felix and it made the younger grow more tired seeing it, "Prince Ferret and Fennec Fox are from the Farming District," he added.

The freckled male scrunched his nose at the name calls, "I didn't ask," Felix sassed at the older, and turned to look outside of the train, city lights giving a lovely view from Felix's area is all so enchanting and wondrous, but many dark secrets are yet needed to be dug out of the said beauty.

Felix watched as various lights, skyscrapers and billboards fade into small apartments and houses, some houses were marked with graffiti, some were abandoned and Felix didn't need to survey the area as to know that some households had families that barely had anything to eat.

It was sickening for Felix, his stomach churned at just the thought of eating nothing, but a small amount of rice paired with salt or whatever they can add so they can swallow it. That's why he's always out at other Districts, performing in public and just hope people would lend some money. Maybe that was the reason he chose to go with these people instead, for money.

Felix couldn't stand a chance to watch his sister get hungry and get skinnier by the next day, he'd rather pour out all his energy to get enough money to feed his sister and the rest of the family. He's their only hope.

"Hey, freckles," Felix tore his eyes away from the window as a shorter male, with dark hair, a defined jawline and thin eyes greeted him, situating himself in front of Felix, smiling narrowly at him.

"Hey," Felix greeted back, uninterested.

"Welcome to our team," he said, doing his best to sound lively, but he sounded tired, "I'm Changbin, number one runner," he added his statement and it made Felix scoff.

Felix scanned the older male in front of him from head to toe, judging him by his appearance, his physique, Felix figured that the fastest runners are mostly tall, "What made you number one runner with your-"

"Height?" the older male cut Felix off mid-sentence.

Felix shrugged and as he looked up, Hyunjin was right behind Changbin, he had an expression of distaste on his face.

"Listen here, rookie," Hyunjin snaked his hand around Changbin's waist, "Don't underestimate Changbin or you'll get a beating," he threatened.

Felix stared blankly at the two males in front of him, and shrugged as he sighed, "Beat me up, then," he muttered, "I always get beaten up, it doesn't have any difference."

"Guys, guys, guys!" Another male draped his arm around Felix's shoulder, his voice rather loud as he was stood beside the freckled male, making Felix wince, "Don't make freckle boy, Felix, uncomfortable now," he sing-sang, a big smile illustrated on his face, his front teeth showing and his puffy cheeks lifted as he grinned.

Someone at the back groaned, irritated, "Control your mega-phonic voice, Jisung!" The male appeared to view, a scowl on his face and it seemed like he just woke up, "I was taking a nap!" He stood up and was about to fling the satchel to Jisung's face but Changbin held him back.