34: Divided Teams Pt. 1

⊱⋅ ─ 34: DIVIDED TEAMS PT. 1

"Jisung!" His mother called from the driver's seat, "Jisung, please put on your earphones, and cover your eyes," she said, the added, "And wear your seatbelt, sweetie, okay? Mama loves you."

Jisung remembers it clearly, as if it happened just yesterday. The speed his mother was driving the car. The time that his father would look back at him from his seat. He remembered listening to Aimer while looking out the window, his father telling him to stay low and to not look at the back window, reassueing him that everything will be alright. At this point, he forgot what happened next, or he kind of isn't sure what happened.

The beeping of the machineries Jisung didn't know what to call, the smell of antiseptic and alcohol, the humming of the air conditioning in the room, and the silent chatter of three strangers in the room. That's what he woke up to. No Mom. No Dad. Just a body covered in bandages and bruises.

"Jisung?" Seungmin slightly shook the slightly older male's shoulder, hauling him out of his well of thoughts. "Are you alright?" He asked, pressing his hand over the latter's forehead.

Right. Jisung remembered, he's having flashbacks again after the small deja vu he had as soon as he saw an android load the vehicles with water jugs.

Felix noticed how Jisung was trapped in a daze for a few seconds, he stepped right beside Jisung and slung an arm over his shoulders, "Nervous?" Asked Felix, getting a brief nod from Jisung, "It's okay, we're all here, together," said the freckled lad with a comforting smile, making the latter smile in return, "as long as we stick together, we're unstoppable."

"Everybody, line up in five, four, three-" Jaehyun hollered, clapping his hands loudly as he counted down, all of them lining up right in front of them. "Two, one!"

The nine males saw a male standing between Johnny and Jaehyun. He seemed older than everyone expected, everyone that didn't know him at that, and his aura emitted power, yet his face emitted friendliness.

"His name is Kang Daeho," Johnny said, patting the male's shoulder proudly as he explained, "if things seem to smooth out perfectly at the end of the mission with him and Jakob, then we're sure the team deserves to go on missions without our physical presence."

"I'd rather like to be called Gaho, if that's alright," Gaho finally spoke up, sheepish and slightly shy at that, hand scratching the back of his neck as a hue of pink dusted his cheeks, slightly surprising those who didn't know him, "and it's great meeting you all in person."

Of course, Chan and Jakob knew Gaho. He went to the same prestigious school in their former lives as sons of the families in the wealthy status, the three were close knitted, even at that very moment of introduction, their eyes sparked with nostalgia and hearts swelled in excitement to finally be reunited.

"Before we let you leave for the mission, we'll have finalizations with the assigned roles," Jaehyun said, then he lead the team into the villa and towards the living space. The projector was already set.

"This time, Chan, Gaho and Jakob are the leaders, Changbin and Minho will manage the rations, Jisung and Seungmin with handle the medications, Hyunjin and Changbin will help with navigation, Jeongin and Felix help with the morale of the team," Jaehyun explained as he showed a different chart from the first meeting, "I'm sorry that we have to tell you all this in such short notice, but we did this on purpose to see if you will all be actually ready, even in the shortest notice."

"For Offense, we have Gaho and Hyunjin, they seem to be the icing and cake all together since Hyunjin is good at sniping while Gaho is a pro at limited range," Johnny smiled proudly as he nodded at the aforementioned males, "while in Defense, we have Jisung and Jeongin, with Jisung and Jeongin being able to be clever, they'd help the others hide in no time at all," Jaehyun clicked a remote and it transitioned to the next slide, which showed the Drivers and Mechanics, "Jakob, Minho, you two seem to be the most carefree types, however your driving skills are amazing for all terrains, therefore, you're assigned to drive, Chan and Felix, I suppose you two have been fanatics of vehicles and the interiors of those machines, and I saw Felix being busy at Soojin's garage, fixing cars while handling the little post-breakup he and Chan went through," he looked at the two and gave them proud smiles, but it soon turned into a teasing smirk as the two realized the last thing Jaehyun said, "and lastly, Seungmin."