24.5: A 4000+ Reads Special

Yugyeom gently placed the bag of vehicle parts on the side of the stall, Bambam's father was at the back of the stall, crushing different types of glass and placing them into the glass melting machine, he looked over to his left as he heard two familiar voices carrying a full sack, by the looks of it, they seemed to struggle carrying it down the hill. He smiled to himself and chuckled softly at the sight, seeing his boyfriend and younger friend almost tripping down the hill.

"Gently now, Minho," Bambam said, grunting as he slowly and carefully dropped the sack on the dirt, clanging sounds coming from whatever was inside the sack, "these wouldn't cost a lot if we don't take good care of them," he huffed and sat down on the ground, Minho did the same, dropping to his knees as he huffed for air, later on wiping thd sweat on his forehead and neck using the sleeve of his rust and dirt stained clothes.

Yugyeom went into the kitchen to get some drinking water for the boys, placing them in big recycled bottles, and jogged towards them after, two slightly heavy water containers in his hands, "Thirsty?" He hollered, catching Bambam's attention first.

"You bet we are, babe," Bambam said, taking the container and chugging down the water quicker than anyone expected him to do, Minho drunk down his water as he stared at the sack, kicking it slightly, making it chime a bit.

"Do you guys need some help?" Yugyeom asked, stretching his arms only to wince in pain of what he felt like a hammer hitting his shoulder.

Bambam clicked his tongue as he pulled his boyfriend close by the wrist, "I told you not to overwork yourself, idiot."

"Well, someone needed to help the Uncles at the stall while they're busy making small glass sculptures and figures," Yugyeom countered, only having Bambam to kiss him on the lips and pull him into a slow and chaste kiss, the two males then heard Minho fake gagging at the background, the couple only chuckling and turning to Minho.

They both parted and rose their brows at the youngest male, "Please, stop making out in front of me," Minho scrunched his nose, standing up to pick up one end of the sack, clanging noises again emitting from inside.

In all Yugyeom's years of scavenging through trash to find recyclable objects like cans, metal, glass, plastic and paper, this was his first time to see Bambam and Minho collect a full sack of recyclable goods, and he was thrilled, delighted to the bone, who knows what was in the sack, possibly enough glass to help them in their glass sculpting, or maybe cans that they can melt to make display figurines out of.

It's been a while since he was kicked out of his own manor and was sent to the lower Districts, Junkyard District to be exact, all those nights sleeping in abandoned apartments on cardboards and under leaking roofs, left to scavenge for food or even try stealing from the rich to feed himself, that is, until he met Bambam's father, who took him in.

"Pops!" Minho called as they just placed the sack on the workshop's table, he went around the area to go to his father, seeing that the man was polishing the newly made glass figures, while Bambam's father was crushing glass, "Pops, I think we hit the jackpot!"

"Jackpot?" The man laughed a bit, standing up and placing the polishing spray and cloth down on his crafting table, he patted Minho's shoulder with a hopeful and proud smile, like he always does whenever Minho would come in and say anything that he was excited about, "Let's see what type of jackpot you're talking about, son."

Taking a cutter from the crafting table, Yugyeom quickly yet carefully ripped the sack all the way down the middle, revealing a few motor parts and some other things that stall could actually use. The man let out a hearty laugh, patting the shoulders of the teenagers proudly.