26: Too Soon

⊱⋅ ─ 26: TOO SOON

"Meeting adjourned," Johnny said and everyone rose up from their seats and exited the room, but when Chan and Felix were about to leave, Johnny called the couple, "Bang Chan, Lee Felix?"

"Yeah?" Felix responded, eyes wide in questioning and his hand in Chan's, the older male turned to look at Johnny and Jaehyun for a few moments, and before he even knew it, he was back on his seat with Felix.

Chan knew this type of behavior Johnny displayed, it was the exact same one as the times the slender man wanted to talk certain subjects privately. As a matter of fact, he even had a few questions to ask the two males, so many questions that may lead to even more questions. As soon as Felix and Chan were seated, Jaehyun stood up to check if there was no one near the room, and when he saw or heard no one, he shut the door, locked it and returned to his seat, now the four of them can talk privately.

"Is there a problem?" Felix asked as Jaehyun took his seat.

The latter turned to Johnny before he let out a heap of air through his lips, as if he had been preparing to tell Chan and Felix about the matter, as if he had been holding himself long enough just to let the words slip out of his mouth.

"We wanted to tell you two first before we tell the rest of the group," the man began, "the police department called a few days before the departure from the manor, and it seems that Taeyong got out of prison."

"What?" Chan abruptly stood up from his seat at the grim thought of Taeyong finally getting out, "How?"

"His family has local and international lawyers," Jaehyun answered Chan, the man pinched the bridge of his nose to prevent the incoming headache he's about to have, "he must have gotten out with the help of some family member, even Minhyung is not so happy with this news."

"That boy is never happy with anything his brother has ever done to begin with." Johnny remarked, the thought of Taeyong's dirty tricks already started to tick him off by the second.

"And you wanted to tell us this in private first before the others because?" Chan asked, putting his chin on top of the back of his palm, he doesn't really see what's really going on and couldn't connect the dots about this private meeting and the fact that Johnny and Jaehyun had to tell them first before the rest of the team.

"Taeyong wants to have a talk with Felix, in his quarters," Jaehyun answered the latter's query, "we could have asked Felix alone in private, but you're the team leader, you get to decide whether Felix should go or not, together."

"I don't really trust Taeyong," Chan said immediately without even hesitating for a second, he turned to Felix and waited for the younger male's answer, but even through the freckled male's eyes, Chan could even tell that he wasn't going to refuse, he had seen that expression before, from the time Chan forced him into the racing track, the time he pleaded for kisses and the time that Chan lost his mind as he beat up Yukhei. Chan was all too familiar with that same expression, and he couldn't help but helplessly sigh, he wasn't disappointed or even disgruntled with Felix, he was just worried, and didn't trust Taeyong for even one bit.

Felix never met Taeyong in person, he just knew Taeyong from secondary information, from being an heir to being a well known tyrant, he never heard anything good about Taeyong, yet Taeyong must have had feelings, because if he hadn't, he wouldn't be spending time with Jaehyun, or maybe that man was just fooling around with someone as good looking and passionate like Jaehyun? Who knows?