37: Coming Home

⊱⋅ ─ 37: COMING HOME

Everyone slept through out the drive except for the drivers, Chan and Felix, who stayed awake. Felix was just so excited to see his family again, and that thought kept him awake for the following long hours. Waiting to see his sister's face, smiling at him, welcoming him and his friends.

Chan looked over at Felix from his seat, "We're almost there, you can wake the others up if you want."

The freckled male's eyes lit up in utmost excitement as he smiled up at his lover, he then turned to Seungmin and Jeongin, who were huddled up on each other as the snored away. Felix ran his fingers through Jeongin's hair, the same as his mother would, remembering just that gave Felix a certain warmth within his chest.

"Jeongin, wake up," he whispered and the younger male stirred, his eyes opened to a sleepy squint, "we're almost there."

"We are?" Jeongin croaked out in his sleepy voice, and then he yawned as  he stretched his arms with a long grunt, he then turned to Seungmin and patted his cheeks, "Minnie, we're almost at Felix's family's safe area."

As Seungmin woke up, the others woke up as well, except for Gaho, who had no one to pull him out of his trip in dreamland.

Felix stood up as he saw a house beside a barn coming into view. He then saw his sister setting up a stable, who seemed to be healthier and in decent clothes, her hair tied up in a ponytail with a ribbon. Felix couldn't just hold back his excitement, so he called his sibling.

"Chaewon!" He cheerily called out, waving a hand and wearing the widest smile anyone could see.

Looking down from the utensils that she was setting on the table, Chaewon looked up as she heard her name being called to see Felix waving his hand in utmost excitement. She squealed excitedly and quickly set the utensils down onto their designated plates.

"Felix!" Chaewon called, "You're home!" Following Chaewon was Doyeon, both excited to welcome Felix and his friends.

As Jakob and Minho parked their vehicles, the others carefully hopped out and were all greeted by Chaewon and Doyeon. Felix instantly ran to Chaewon and Doyeon for a bone-crushing embrace.

"I missed you guys so much!" Felix said, then he saw his parents, who were carrying some food to the table. Felix instantly let go of his sister and  cousin, "Mum! Dad!"

"Felix!" Gasped Saeji before quickly yet carefully placing the food down on the table, "Oh, my darling boy!" The woman hurried to Felix to engulf him in a hug, "You've been away for so, so long!"

Then they heard Felix's father chuckle from behind Saeji, "I don't think our son is a boy, no more," the man smiled at Felix, "he's a grown man now."

"Hey, Dad." Felix smiled at his father, and Dongjun spread his arms for a hug from Felix.

"How about you all go and bathe at the river while we finish setting up the tables for dinner?" Saeji suggestively encouraged, "Introductions will be made later, I can't wait to catch up on you and get to know your friends."

"Chaewon, lead your brother and his friends to the river," Dongjun requested Chaewon and she lead the way immediately, the others following close behind.

"The river isn't far from here, so don't worry!" Chaewon announced, leading the way cheerily, "So, which one of you here are a couple aside from my brother and Chan?" She turned to look at the team with intrigue glossing in her doe eyes.

Everyone paused from walking and slowly, those who are couple raised their hands, Jakob and Gaho instantly caught Chaewon's eyes because they seemed to look like a couple to her earlier.