Chapter 18: She Just Left

Start from the beginning

And besides in the mean, mean time 

I'm just dreaming of tearing you apart

I'm in the de-details with the devil 

So now the world can never get me on my level 

I just gotta get you off the cage 

I'm a young lover's rage 

Gonna need a spark to ignite

Is this is the right time to tell them about Kate? Will it matter to them? Ang ingay nila grabe. They're screaming and shouting lyrics of songs I don't recognize.

"Guys, do you still remember Kate?"

Natigilan silang lahat.

"Kate? Oh sure I know her! Kayleena. Ayla. Therene. Eleanore. Calthorpe. Hughes! Sure that was a long name! Our best friend! Ha! She cares so much about us! She's our refuge when we are feeling down. We shared each other's secrets! We spent nights of studying also in their place! She's our motivator, our inspiration," narrated Kendro.

"BUT! There is a big BUT! She left us! WITHOUT SAYING A WORD! She just left and it's a big insult! She's a traitor! Why are we even talking about her? Nine long years? What if she's dead? No one knows!"- Page

"But what if she's still alive Page? You're being cruel man!"- Ulrich

I'm gonna throw a punch to Page na sana pero buti at napigilan ko ang sarili ko, he's out of his mind because he's intoxicated.

"You know Page, we didn't know the reason why she left without saying a word. And what she did for us, the total of what she did for us, the summation of what she did for us is incomparable, so unmatched to that so little act of hers of leaving us without a goodbye."- Nainis na talaga ako kay Page.

"I miss her from all of a sudden. Why even brought the thought of her up Damian?" asked Ken.

"Me too Ken! I miss her now. I wonder how she turned out to be after nine long years. I hope she's still alive."- Ulrich

"Shut up people!" Page barked.

Page. Hard-headed Page. Wicked Page! O h Page! I want to punch you in the face Page!

"We'll be going out ALL on Monday. I'll take charge. We'll use my car. I hope that you're all gonna be sober by then. I'm going. Get a lot of rest and sleep, stay rehydrated and be sure that you're all in your best condition on Monday!"

And I left.

Kate's POV

May lagnat pa rin ako. Ano ba naman. May pasok pa ako bukas!

Will I be able to drive? I'm not sure but one thing is really for sure, hindi ako magco-commute tomorrow papuntang school. May silbi rin pala iyong mga drivers, parts of me is having regrets of dismissing them. Eto na naman iyong thought, what if malaman ni mom ang pinaggagagawa ko dito. Walang drivers, walang maids, walang makain, salamat kay Damian na nagbibigay pagkain.

*MONDAY

Sweaters ang suot ko ngayon. I also wear sunglasses kase napaka-iritable ng mga mata ko sa sunlight ngayon. Grabe, ang taas ng lagnat ko, I hate it!

 -------------------------------------> see photo over there

Iyong susi ng car kong red pala, thank God andoon pa rin sa drawer ko sa study area. Sa katagal na hindi ko nagamit ang mga sasakyan ko, I'm not even sure kung saan ako nagtatago ng mga car keys ko pero buti naman, nasa drawer silang lahat.

Papasok na sana ako sa car pero my bumusina.

*honk ...honk...

It's Damian's car, I'm sure. Ang aga niya. It's still 5:45 in the morning.

I approached Damian's car, I can't even walk straightly. May sakit talaga ako.

As I peered through his car's side window, he's not the only one inside.

Nahihilo ako and I think I'm gonna passed out so I took several step backwards then, I let myself fall...

I heard Damian's voice, "Kate!"

And someone caught me before my head struck the ground. I tried to open my eyes. Ang hirap, sige na, please open, I don't want to be weak! At last, I think they'll gonna open soon.

And as I open my eyes, I can see Page's face. He's carrying me. Is it really Page? I don't know.

And just like that, my body gave up, I completely passed out.

~End of Chapter 18~