"I'm serious. I can learn to defend myself. I can learn how to fight. You can help me too. We still have time before you go."

He continued when I gave him an anxious look.

"Ming.. I can do this. It'll be hard at first, but It'll be okay. I have to. I can't depend on you forever, right?"

He looked so determined about this.

"Why don't you just come with me?"

He laughed and shook his head.

"What if someday you'll get married? You don't expect me to still clinging on to you, do you?"

"Well, I'll just marry you then."

He hit my head playfully.

"You're being unreasonable."

"Come on, come with me. It will be fun."

No one talked for a moment. I waited patiently, knowing he's thinking about what to say while biting his lower lip.

"You know, I can't stop thinking about what if you don't show up in time that day."

He stopped for a second and let out a shaky breath. 

"I was so scared to think about all the possibility that might happen if no one had show up to save me. That's why I'm having a mental breakdown last night. To think that you won't be here when something like this happen again, it makes me freaked out."

His voice started to trembling. I held his hand to calm him down.

"That's why I can't leave."

"Say, you don't leave. Then what? We'll stick around everywhere we go for the rest of our life? It's like I'm holding you back. You can't live your life that way, Ming. I can't do that to you."

He continued when I don't say anything.

"So I started to think, all of my thought always revolve about what if there's nobody could safe me. Why do I need to wait to be saved? Why can't I save myself? Only if I'm stronger and braver and not to relying on people around me, none of that bad shit would happen. I should have protect myself better."

He gave me a weak smile.

"That's why you need to go Ming. You need to live your life for once. I owe you that after everything you've done for me. And I need to live my own life too. I need to be stronger for myself."

As much as I hate it, deep down I know that he's right. Everything he said is exactly what I had in mind since that day. I keep thinking what would happen if I was too late, or if there would be a similar situation like that but I'm not around to save him. And I know nothing's gonna change if I stay. I have to make him stand strong by himself. I feel my tears rolling down my cheek. He reach out to wipe it away.

"Who are you and what the hell are you doing to my best friend? How come my Wayo be so mature and wise over the night?"

"Are you sure that it's not you who turned into a baby? You cried a lot lately."

I laughed at him. How I miss this kind of bickering with him. All of people, including Yo, think that Yo is the only one who always depend on me. But I do depend on him a lot. Unlike him, I'm not good at expressing my emotion. I tend to hold everything I felt inside. 

Yo's the only one who can see through me. He can sense my mood change and make me feel better without force me to spit out whatever I had in mind. He just wait patiently by my side until I open up myself. And that's the reason why I don't want to go. I need him, like he needed me. But I know no matter how hard it is, I have to let him go.

"I'm gonna miss you."

He sighed and put his head on my shoulder.

"I know. Me too. But you'll be back, right?"

"Of course. I can't leave my boyfriend alone for too long or someone will take him away from me."

He snorted and I laughed when he pinch my stomach. 

"So..."

I said after a long silence.

"You kissed me last night, huh?"

He rolled his eyes and groaned.

"You're gonna keep bringing it up from now on, aren't you?"

I smirked at him.

"Of course. I'll make sure even your great-great-great-grandson know about this."

"Not if I kill you first, asshole!"

.

.

.

.

So this is the last part of their high school life.

Next chapter will be back to the present time.

Stay tune readers :)

See you next time!

XOXO