Chapter 8

Hello good people :)

Ming's pov

I'm awake when I feel something hard and warm touch my lips. I groaned and tried to swat it away. I heard a soft chuckle from my right. I ignored it and buried my face deeper in the pillow, trying to get back to sleep. I feel so tired and my head hurts. I must be so exhausted from all the crying last night. And that's when it hit me. That's right! Yo! Suddenly I remember and sit up abruptly.

"Shit! What the hell! You scared me!"

I looked to my right to find Yo sitting beside me with his back on the bedhead with shocked expression on his face, his right hand on his chest while his left hand holding a cookie. I blinked at him. 

"What are you looking at?"

I was too surprise to see him looked so...normal compared to these past few months. My attention turned to chocolate chip cookie in his hand. I just realised that's the thing that I felt on my lips a while ago. 

"Where did you get those?"

"I baked them. You want some?"

He grab one from the bedside table and gave it to me. I take it but not moving my eyes from his face. He never bake anything since..that day. I observe him closely. He has a puffy eyes with dark circle under it. I don't have to looked at the mirror to know that my look is not any better than him.

"You baked them?"

He nodded.

"Why?"

"I woke up early and can't go back to sleep because SOMEONE snore too loud. So I baked some cookies instead."

"Are you okay?"

He smiled at me.

"Yeah, why?"

I scooted over to rest my back on the bedhead beside him and began to eat my cookie.

"It's good."

I told them sincerely. Yo's cookies is one of my favorite food. He beamed at me.

"Ming.."

"Hmm?"

He called me after we sat in silence for a while.

"When will you go?"

"Go where?"

"Hongkong."

I watched him closely, trying to find any emotions or a sign of breakdown. But he just look back at me calmly.

"My Mom said that I can finish my first grade here then go with her before the second grade starting."

He nodded his head.

"But I've already told you that I won't go, right? I'm not leaving."

"I know. Thank you."

I patted his head gently.

"But, Ming.."

"What?"

"I think you should go."

Okay, something is definitely not right.

"Why?"

"Because you're right. You can't let Aunty go there by herself. You should go with her."

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine without you."

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, right."