Chapter 1

Hello everyone. This is the first chapter of the series. Please note this is the edited version. Hope you enjoy reading. Do give your votes and reviews.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Time to leave already. Can't really believe it." I said.

" Yeah. But now we can go back to our home sweet home. I miss it a lot." My father put in.

"Already!" I whined. " Four days and four nights are not sufficient to explore a foreign country. Besides, it's not everyday you get to travel abroad without spending a penny."

"Which is why we should not over exploit that privilege. Now have you packed your luggage or not? We have a flight tomorrow evening. Everyone?"

"Almost. Have you contacted that agent? He has our tickets with him." My younger brother chimed in.

"I'm trying but he's not picking up the phone. I hope he picks up on time otherwise they won't let us board and these hotel staff won't let us stay. These English people have pretty strict rules." My father sighed.

If you're wondering what's going on, I'll tell you from the beginning. It'll be easier for you to understand.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           I came with my family to London in England on a trip we won by using those cab services. You know the type of contests they hold, take 3 rides and win a fully paid trip to XYZ , use code ABC223. Like that. And me being me, I always believed in trying even if the chances of winning appear zero. After all,who knows you actually get something even if it's not the prize.

I actually had tried this before. There was a musical concert going to happen in my city by one of my favourite singer- composer. I read that in a newspaper ad. It also said give a missed call on this number to get free passes. I did and received a message saying I won two passes and I just have to show this message at the entrance. That's different I couldn't go, but you get the point.

Oh, sorry for my rambling. I'll get to the point now.

Okay, so there was that offer and I did the proceedings as always. Like if anyone wanted a cab, I would book it from my phone using the required code and all. I was like, if you get something then fine. If not, there is no harm in trying.

And surprisingly for me, I'd won. When I received the message I was shell shocked. I didn't think they would give it after all. And when I showed it to my dad, he didn't believe it saying 'sab farji hai'. (It's all fake).

But then the representatives of the company came and explained everything at our home. My father being him, cross questioned everything to check whether it's genuine or not. Finally after two hours he was convinced. Combined with pleadings and persuasions by us.

This was the story. So here we were. We were provided with the stay in a luxurious hotel, complete with sight seeing facilities. So four days and four nights were spent touring in London all the tourist attractions like Buckingham Palace, London eye, Madame Tussauds, Tower of  London, British museum, etc and walking by the Thames in our free time one day. Of course shopping was done by our own pocket, which wasn't much considering how expensive England is.

And tomorrow, we would be leaving London and going back to our home. My feelings on the subject were fifty-fifty. Like half happy for going back home and half sad because we're leaving. I mean you don't get a foreign vacation every day. And that too when you don't have to spend. Considering my middle class background, if we have to save up to be able to make a foreign tour, it would take years.