Chapter 49- The Doctor's Choice

Start from the beginning

It's a fucking red flag.

Just when I ended the call, Curtis' name immediately appears on my screen.

"Curt, what is it," I greet in my monotonous voice. It has been a while ever since I talked to this guy.

"Xander, is Emily there?"

With a creased forehead, I swivel my chair and turn to the glass windows before answering him,

"She's at home. Why?"

"Ahmm..." he trails off, seemingly scared to ask me something. Maybe he wants to hang out with Emily, and I actually have no problem with that anymore.

I turn to my desk once again and impatiently drum my fingers on the table. "Do you still have plans to speak?"

"I want to tell you something, but don't call Mrs. Rebecca yet."

Uh-oh...Here we go again, Man.

My grip on my mobile phone tightens. "Why? What the fuck happened?"

"R-relax, Buddy."

"I will, if you'll start talking now."

"So, this is what happened. Emily and I went to our friend."

"When? This afternoon?"

"Yes, it...it was actually Chloe's birthday, the waitress from the café."

"She didn't inform me about that." I sternly replied with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, she actually forgot about it, and I just literally dragged her out her bed," he explains defensively.

"Then, what happened?"

"S-she told me that she wanted to pay you a visit after the party but before that, we went to Starbucks. I told her that I will just have to fill up my tank nearby, but when I came back..."

My sight dims at the anticipation of his next words.

"I-I didn't expect it. I shouldn't have left her, Xander. I'm so sorry..." he sounded so anxious and desperate.

"What happened to her when you came back? For fuck's sake, spill the details out, Curt!" I rise up from my seat, take my car keys and head out of the door.

"She's gone. I asked the bartender and that one waiter, and they told me that they last saw her with that actress, Natalie Summers, who carried her outside to her car."

Natalie? Did they meet up or something?
I take a deep breath, calming myself as the frustration builds up in a sudden.

"What is she doing with Natalie? Wait, how was she during the birthday?"

"Sheshe seemed fine. She was glued to this baby girl the whole time. She was so happy."

"Did she complain about having dizziness...pain, or anything?"

"Oh yeah, she mentioned about being dizzy and her vision blurring."

"Let me call you back, Buddy. Thanks for informing me." I immediately end the call and rush toward the elevator.

I want to punch someone when I realize that Natalie's number was saved from my previous number and another phone and I am about to call Jace to track her down but the intercom interrupted me.

"Paging Dr. Greene, please proceed to the emergency department now. Paging Dr. Greene, please proceed to the emergency department now."

Oh, God, please. No, no, no, no, no...

I stop and draw a sharp breath before pounding the buttons of the elevator. I am like a caged tiger inside the small room as it drags me down the ground floor, almost peeing in my pants in the anticipation.

The Doctor's Wife (A Sequel) (COMPLETED)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara