Chapter 32- Bloody Arms

EMILY'S POV

Strange things have been happening since I woke up yesterday. The ceiling would sometimes turn into a hazy spiral and I would find myself staring at it and get hypnotized by those black and white lines disappearing and reappearing from its eye in the center.

Sometimes, I thought I was sleeping, but then the next thing I knew, I was walking towards somewhere with someone by my side, dragging me like I'm just a paper-thin object with a fucked-up face. The clouds would look like dirty white pillows up in the sky and the trees like they were made of thousands of tiny cubes. I would just then randomly jump to reach for those leafy cubes and giggle without any reason.

Yesterday...or was it this morning? I am not oriented to time lately. They brought me inside this huge, black van along with four other girls I barely know and while I was looking out the window, I swear those cars passing by suddenly became cows, literally, and their feet, instead of those sharp, curved, horny structure at the end of their toes were wheels. Yes. Wheels. Out of the blue, cars became mechanical cows, and while staring at their saggy breasts in languid curiosity, all I thought about was milk.

God, I want to drink milk right now. I miss its creamy white and silky caress on my throat. Sighing, I continue to look straight ahead while thinking about it and nothing else. No worries and other things. I know I have to feel something. I know that I am in total danger, but why do I feel weirdly numb?

Enough with the drugs, Hunny.

Oh, so my precious little subbie is still alive...I just feel like floating all the time. I can't feel anything. From the pricking of needles through my skin to those huge, rough palms landing harshly on my cheek every now and then. There was a point where everything stopped, like literally – yet I kept on moving. Moving towards a direction. A direction I don't even have an idea where. All I wanted to see is Xander and my mom. My family. Where are they anyway?

A second or two later everything would continue to move, and passively, I will just let them do whatever they are doing to me. My brain tends to fog up and my thoughts will go nowhere at all.

I just wanted to sleep, to close my eyes, because every time I do, all I see is Xander. My Xander. The love of my life. The man I have dreamed of growing old with. And every time I open my eyes, I would imagine every person I see is him.

But I know that it's not him. I know that it was all just my primal brain taking control of me, teasing me, messing with me all the time.

Like what it is doing to me right now.

I can see him in front of me, staring at me with those green eyes that are so sad, so tender, and not so bright anymore. Looking deeply into them gives me a creeping, twisting feeling that something is wrong.

He tries to grope for something. I don't understand why he cannot come near me, like something between us is stopping him. I want to move, to come near him, to touch his cheeks, to hug him, but the last time I did, he just shoved me back to bed, and I just shut my eyes close as I embraced the pain, the pain of knowing that he is not real. That he is actually not my Xander, and this is all just an illusion.

The Xander in front of me right now is talking to me, asking some questions, but I didn't understand a thing. I softly gasp as he finally closes the gap between us, his handsome, worrying face a few inches between mine.

These arms around me, the warmth, this familiar smell, the loving kisses...Everything suddenly feels right, and all my worries seem to have disappeared like the earthly rain on a scorching summer.

A familiar face looms over us, and I just then notice a lot of people behind him, around us, shouting, fighting, moving around. There are the police and some rich old men looking more like retarded sharks instead of decent human beings. I can sense total chaos everywhere.