Chapter 25- One Enticing Night

NOTE:

I dedicate this chapter to yashikochar , who's having her birthday today, July 21, 2018. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! (belated or advance, I'm not sure because I think we live in different timezones). I hope you had a blast today and may HE give you the gift of happiness and neverending blessings all through your life!

I promised her that I will be updating on her special day, so here it is!

Enjoy loves~

♥️💚

XANDER'S POV

It's almost nine in the evening when we are finally driving our way to Latin Bliss nightclub where Abigail Johnson and Zoey Grace were last seen before they went missing.

Luckily, there are still available seats for the earliest possible flight to L.A., and I will be flying out tomorrow with Jace at seven in the morning. We have to go there as soon as possible to find and confront Natalie before Emily will be sold to a sex-starved motherfucker and be gone for good. Just the thought of it gives me the feeling of a metal hammer pounding onto my heart and crushing it into little pieces.

I'm not sure if she's still here in Evanston or not, but one thing's certain; I will never, ever let them take her away from me. This is a mess that I have created and I will do everything to save Emily even if it means risking my life...

I won't also waste my chances of confirming the place where they are bringing all these kidnapped women, and I will be using that chance tonight before flying to another state tomorrow. Of course, with the help of Amber's beauty and appeal, and my best friend's skills and resources.

We went back to Jace's place a few hours ago to get his car, as we have decided to use it instead of mine so we won't be attracting any attention from the kidnapper, in case they have tracked me down or are aware with my plate number.

Jace also handed me one of his service revolver guns which were issued to him when he was in military school. He briefly taught me how to use it, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to use it, but fuck it. Just the mere holding of the deadly weapon sends the cold creeps down my spine.

I'm a doctor and I save lives, but if I need to kill someone to save the love of my life, then I will do it in a heartbeat.

I'm the one behind the wheels so Jace could double-check everything for our mission tonight. He is sitting at the back while testing the radio transmitters and surveillance gears on his laptop.

"Amber," he calls onto the silent blonde who is sitting beside me. She is biting her nail as her eyes are keenly set outside the window and seem to be deeply engaged in her thoughts.

"Amber," Jace snaps again with his head popping in between our seats to poke her on her shoulder.

She finally turns to him and then blinks her intriguing smoky eyes in slow-motion as if snapping out of her thoughts. "What?"

"We don't have the best angle for the camera. Let me adjust it." He is about to reach the micro button camera sewn on her dress but she immediately taps his hand away.

"I'll do it, Perv." she glares at him and adjusts the button herself. Her reaction caused a small smile to secretly creep down my lips despite all the tension around us. I don't know why but I loved it when she called him "Perv."

"Really? At times like this?" Jace shoots her up with a perplexed look, but she just ignores him and looks down on her dress to work on the camera instead.