"The things people do for power," Boboiboy murmured, returning its jacket to its original place. "I mean, why would he do that? Isn't celestial magic sufficient for him to survive?"

"You're not wrong, but remember that celestials—even you—are hunted down. I don't know why your wing is in its predicament, but it has something to do with your personality." Fang grimaced at the memory of Boboiboy's measly demon wing the size of half a door. "Demons aren't meant to be... soft. Like you."

Boboiboy shrugged. In a sense, Fang was correct. There was a nagging suspicion that his heroism had interfered with his demon growth or whatever, but it was never testified. Now with the theory coming from a more experienced celestial, it could be true.

All his life, he'd wanted to be complete. Demons had no parents, since they were borne from pain and suffering from the mortal world. Each demon represented a negative emotion.

Boboiboy was born of a mix of bloodlust and sadism.

He was meant to be the most powerful demon, since his base traits were extreme. However, he wasn't like that. He couldn't act insane even if he tried. Something had to be wrong.

Unlike angels or fallen angels, demons survived by feeding on emotion. The stronger the emotion, the more filling it would be. Boboiboy hadn't fed for years, which could explain his height and lack in masculine structure.

Fang hadn't told Kaizo about Boboiboy. He needed to solve him out before anyone else did. It would complicate matters if someone discovered any of their identities.

Being half-demon, Fang was able to assist Boboiboy in balancing his elemental powers with his non-existent demon traits. This proved to be futile, because the damn shorty wouldn't even show the slightest bit of anger in just about anything, even remaining calm to the point when Fang strangled him with a shadow snake and the guy still was a saint.

"Will you just be angry at me for a moment!" Fang hissed, shaking Boboiboy's shoulders violently. He was supposed to be destroying a boulder, but Boboiboy could barely conjure a simple levitation spell.

"I—I ca—can't!" Boboiboy argued.

"Argh!" Fang threw his hands up in the air. By the way this was going, before Boboiboy could unlock his potential, Fang would provoke his demon side first.

Eventually, he called each elemental form out and searched for the one that would fuel his celestial friend the best. So far, it was Lightning and Leaf.

"Leaf?" Boboiboy snorted, incredulous. "You do realize that the nature element represents innocence..."

Fang shook his head. "I don't even know at this point."

"Well, try harder," Boboiboy quipped sarcastically.

"You try harder to be a better demon."

Boboiboy rolled his eyes and returned to the rocks. From where this was going, they'd be stuck here for eternity.

"How am I supposed to know that I'm not meant to be a demon?" Boboiboy huffed, his one wing drooping. "I don't even feel like one. Let alone be one myself. I'm not all... evil and stuff."

Fang raised an eyebrow. "So you're worried about being a villain? Don't worry. Most demons retain their conscious and sadly, their sense of humour."

Boboiboy was so conflicted he didn't even bother to correct him. "Will I change? What will our friends think of us? Does anyone else know about you or me or Kaizo?"

Fang shook his head. "It's a secret only secure within us. I would've told you earlier, but your aura is hard to sense."

"Yeah. Because I'm weak."