Gone but Never Forgotten

1 week later
December 26,2018 (Wednesday
2 pm (@ the school)
Tray's POV
Airi and I set in her Jeep on the school parking lot. We watched as all the kids walked into the school. Not only was the day gloomy, but it fit the mood of everyone. The worst feeling was how many kids and parents didn't make it home this Christmas because of Trifling people up to no good. Today we were going to pay tribute to the staff, faculty, and students who lost their life. We walked in with some of the gang. Inside of the school was students, teachers and some staff members. The principal wanted to talk to us before the presentation of the memorial stone and the lighting ceremony with the community.
Principal: it's been a hard week for us all, but next week is back to school for some or even most of us. We're not rushing a single individual back to this school. We understand so take as much time as you need and we understand some have decided to gear up and go other places.
The school applauded at his message. The principal then nodded at the officers. They opened the door and we were escorted through the crowd and headed to the stone of remembrance for the people who had lost their lives. Tonight the community would come together and light the candles, but first was the revealing of the stone.

After the lighting ceremony
8:30 pm
Airi's POV
Tray and I set on the car waiting for the traffic to die down.
Airi: I can't stay here.
Tray: What does that mean?
Airi: I'm moving.
Tray: Where
Airi: to another city maybe an hour or 2 from here.
Tray: Wow. What about everything in this city? So you just up and leave? What about Dan?
Airi: I'll talk to Armon later
Today.
Tray: Can you drop me off at my mom's place?

That night
Armon's pov
I had just placed Dan in his bed and started cleaning the house. It was around 9:44 when Airi walked in the house.
Armon: Hey where is Tray?
Airi: I told him I was leaving.
Armon: come here

I gave Airi the biggest hug.

Armon: Have you told your family?
Airi: I'm telling them tomorrow. I'm trying to rollout Friday night. So I can figure everything out between Saturday and Sunday.
I nodded my head and got ready to head to my room.
Airi: Armon.....
Armom: yeah wats up!
Airi: Thanks for coming back and being there for Dan. I haven't been able to do that, but I still love him so much.
Armon: And he knows that. We'll figure this all out I promise