School Lockdown Part 2

Same day
Tray's POV
The custodian closet was dark. I was just hoping that Airi was safe. I moved one of the shelves out of the way and set in the corner. Hoping the police would soon be here and this would all be over.

Airi's POV
I was finally able to move my feet. Just as the shooters turned in and started shooting again I made my way up the third row of stairs. I banged and knocked on every door. No one answered I was getting scared I was getting to the last few doors on the 3rd floor.

Tray's POV
I heard footsteps approaching. Then I heard a silent, whimpering voice.
Airi: please help me. Please.

I got up slowly from the corner. I grabbed a mop and cracked the door open. At the crack of the door was Airi. I grabbed her and pulled her in. She started to cry and shake. I locked the door back and then we both went to sit in the corner.
Airi: i..iii I heard them coming. They were shooting.
Tray:  Shhhh.... it's going to be okay

We set close together and I held her tight.

Tray: I'm never letting you go

The gunmen entered the third floor. The sound of gunshots started again.

Airi started to panic. I covered her ears and held her close.

5 minutes later
Airi's POV
The firing of shots had stopped. Tray and I set in the closet in quiet.
Tray: Hey babe look at me. I love you so much. But it's still so many of us left. I have to go get signal and let the police know where we are.

I looked at Tray I knew what that meant and the thought scared me. He slowly got up.

Tray: Babe no matter what you stay right here. Just know they're coming.

Tray and I gave each other a long kiss. He grabbed his phone and headed out the door.

2 hours later
Airi's POV
I set in the hospital chair looking at Tray peacefully sleep.

When he woke up he complained he was in a lot of pain. I went and grabbed a doctor.

That night
Tray's POV
Airi and I snuggled up in the bed. We laid watching tv. I couldn't focus on the screen. All I could think about is what happened today.
Flash back
I had just got in contact with the police in charge on scene. He was asking me questions and I tried to answer them in a whisper. Then from around the corner came a gun man. I kept my phone on and dropped it to the ground. And then I poured out a bottle of some cleaning chemical and ran. Before I could remember I had got shot in the shoulder and I was being rushed to the hospital.

Back to reality
When I had returned to reality my heart rate was super high. Airi touched my chest.
Airi: Bae are you okay
Tray: Yea I'm okay

She laid her head on my chest and wrapped her hands tighter around my waist. My heart rate had returned to normal rhythm. Although it was uncomfortable with only being able to use one arm. I was just glad to be with the love of my life. I kissed her on her forehead and pulled her closer to me.