Chapter 1 : Faith

Start from the beginning

Once I was done taking a shower, I laid down on my bed with my stuffed animal named Rover. He was a puppy, a little bit dirty, but I still loved him. Mommy bought it for me before that accident and he always reminds me of her. He always makes me feel safe.

He has been with me through all of my hard times. Nobody is usually awake during this time so I had to wait until Miss Leah came and got me.

A few hours passed by and all I did was stare at the ceiling waiting for Miss Leah and she came.

"Good morning Faith. How did you sleep?"

"Bad"

"Why?"

"I had a nightmare"

"Oh honey," She hugged me while tears ran down my face. She looked at me and wipe my tears she said

"Come on, let's cheer you up. I made your favourite breakfast today!"

She carried me on her hips. I smiled at her.

"YAYYYYY waffles with syrup" She laughed.

We went down and I saw all the other kids giving me dirty looks. I felt kind of sad seeing that nobody wanted to be friends with me. It was because I was one of the youngest in the orphanage but Miss Leah always told me that I will always have Rover.

Miss Leah sat me on the high chair and put my breakfast plate. I was very hungry so I ate really fast. Once I was done eating, Miss Leah took my plate and did the dishes and then she said,

"Good morning everyone. Today there will be someone coming to adopt one of you so please go get yourself ready and I will meet you all in the hall by 11:00 am."

Then she came to carry me from the high chair and set me on her hip.

"Are you excited?"

"Not really Miss Leah,"

"Why?"

"I don't want a new daddy or mommy, I want to be with you"

"Oh honey, I'm sure if someone is gonna adopt you, they will love you just as much as I love you. Okay?"

"Okay.." I said with a pout. Miss Leah just laughed and took me to the hall and put me down so I could play with the toys. I went and played with my toys happily but after a while thoughts came to my mind.

Will my new daddy hit me? Will my new daddy even love me? Will my new mommy leave me once she finds out the truth about my past? Will my new daddy put his snake in me? Will my new daddy send me back here once he finds out about my past?

I shivered with fear as those thoughts came into my mind. I just shook them off and decided to continue playing.

An hour later, Miss Leah came out from the office with a guy who was about 6 feet and had the most amazing smile on his face. When I saw him, I smiled too. He had brown hair with dark brown eyes and he wore a suit.

"All right children listen up, I want kids from age 4 to age 6 to line up. The rest of you may go back to your room and wait till you are called out to continue playing"

I walked to where everybody was lining up. As I was going one of the meanies pushed me. I fell and hit my elbow. A tear slipped from my eye. Then the meanie said,

"Nobody will ever adopt you, you're fat, ugly and annoying. You're just going to stay here forever"

I didn't say anything as more tears spilt from my eyes. I wiped my tears away because I have to be strong. I stood up and got in the long queue at the last because I'm the youngest here. I stood there with my head hanging, praying that he wouldn't pick me.

"All right children you can spread out and do activities that y'all would like to do and Mr Parker here will come to y'all and have a chat"

With that being said, Miss Leah went back to her office while I was playing with Rover waiting for this to be over with. After about 15 minutes, it was my turn. He was making his way towards me and I was so scared that he was going to hit me. My breathing became fast and tears started leaking from my eyes. Mr Parker walked faster and came up to me. He then knelt to my height and he carried me while I tried pushing him away. Struggling, hoping he would leave me alone but he was too strong and carried me like I was a feather.

He started rocking me like a baby, saying soothing things into my ears that calmed me down. I was still scared of him. He put me down and wiped my tears away and smiled at me saying

"Hi, my name is Zander."

_______________________________________

That's it for chapter one. Hope you guys like it. This is my first book so i's sorry if my grammar is bad. See you all next time💜. Btw picture of zander is up there. Comment if you want a picture of faith. And don't forget to vote. Thank you💜

Love,
Mel