Chapter 14

•Camila's POV

"... after class, do you want to hang out since it's friday?" Lauren kept on persuading me, while I grabbed my books from my locker. "I know I should be hanging out with my other friends, but I'm not in the mood today for their bullshit."

"Uh yeah, about that. Dylan asked me yesterday if I could go see a movie with him later at the plaza." I replied, with a sympathy look on my face. Lauren's face fell right when I mentioned Dylan.

"Lauren? Lauren, are you alright?" I say, rubbing her right arm. She seemed to look bothered, jerking off from my touch as if I was some hot iron who burned her.

"I'm alright, no worries. Go enjoy the movie you are watching later with Dylan!" Lauren quickly fixed her leather sling bag on her other shoulder and walked away slowly. "Have fun!" Lauren cheered as she hurriedly walked to her assigned room, not even bothering to look right back at me in the eye.

...

"You alright?" Dylan asked, barely audible since he shoved handfuls of popcorns in his mouth.

I turned to look at him and found myself disgusted. Do boys ever care about their hygiene?

"Uhh... yeah sure. I was just thinking of bananas." I lied.

Actually I was thinking of the way Lauren reacted earlier. Normally, she would just clap her hands and be happy for me. Her face fell in an instant when I told her about our date.

"I bet you are." He smirked, and started to yawn.

He started snaking his right arm over the back of my seat and rested it on my shoulders.

Great! The last thing I wanted was for him to misunderstand what I said.

I gave him a weak smile and focused my attention to the screen. 30 minutes left before hell ends.

...

"I had a great time." He explained, showing his shy smile as he awkwardly wiggled from where he stood.

"I kinda did, too." I said, emotionless.