Refund High School: Mook- Sky

Start from the beginning

"The first day officially starts tomorrow. Y/n, you could show Mook around before then." He yawns, looking at his watch. "Well I have some business to take care of, you could help each other until I get back. Don't set anything on fire- or better yet- don't flood the place."

"Roger, roger," I say sheepishly. "Bye mom!"

"What did he mean flood the place?" Mook voices out for the first time.

"Umm, how about I show you your room instead?" I make a beeline for the recently furnished room, he trails behind me in puzzlement. I open the door to a simple, small-scaled bedroom. "So this is your place, your textbooks are at your desk. My room's right across if you need me."

He enters rather cautiously when I finally carefully inspect his blue horns. I suddenly blurt out, recognising them from a dream. "You're a sea serpent."

He stiffens at my remark. He looks down as if ashamed. "Yeah..."

I'm startled by his reaction. "I'm a water nymph," I say, he seems to be amazed by the fact.

"So is it like you can talk to water?"

"Well, bodies of water like oceans don't actually speak to me, but I can roughly infer what they're trying to get at by their movements. Say, they could be feeling devastated on a stormy weather and the waves would be large and irregular. " I grin. "Let's try not to summon a tsunami before boss gets back."

...

Y/n's memory capsule #2

I stare out into the horizon- where the sea touches the sky. I await expectantly for that brown dot of a merchant ship to appear.

Not yet probably.

"Thanks for your help, Mook!" A fellow villager says from behind.

"Mook, thank you so much!"

"Your the best!"

I turn behind to see a pale-haired boy running around in his small, stubby legs like my own. I call out, "Mook!"

He approaches me with a rueful grin on his face, but I respond with a frown. I brush of some dirt on his soiled clothes. From the top of his head to the tips of his toes he's absolutely exhausted, but his blue eyes sparkled with vigor. "What the hell are you doing running around? Don't you dare overwork yourself!"

He groans, but bounces restlessly like the child he is. "I'm ok, I just want to get busy!"

"Your mother said if I kept an eye on you, we'll get to play all the time," I whine. "But I can barely keep up with you."

"Alright, alright. We'll play later."

"Mook," I grab his shoulders, my voice takes on an urgent tone."It's going to rain today. Make sure you get back home before it does."

"Huh?" He cranes his neck upwards and observes the blue, cloudless sky. "It doesn't look like it's going to rain."

"It will," I assure proudly. "So you better-" Before I could say anymore, I twitch.

"What is it?" Mook asks- already used to my sensitivity. I approach the sea as he follows.

"It's nothing. The sea says Father will be home soon."

...

"What are you doing hitting on a freshman, Y/n," Beauty Kim teases.