Chapter 44: Fuming

This could go in a lot of different ways. This could either have a happy, Disney like ending, or a disappointing, more of a "dang it!" ending. I don't want to even anticipate the latter.

When I exit the room, Sophia's standing in a nearby room, with her arms crossed. She's obviously still insanely mad right now, which I can't blame her for.

That fight was probably one of the worst fights that I've ever witnessed break out between family members and friends. And to think that it happened with my own girlfriend. That's kind of interesting. My hand lifts itself and places it on her shoulder.

"Belle, look at me," I tell her. She doesn't move a bit, and she just continues to stare in a corner.

"Belle, come on. Look at me. I'm sorry for her insults," I say, and Sophia turns around. Pure anger is interwoven throughout her eyes.

"Those insults were so low, Ray. I'm usually resilient when it comes to insults, but she's just plain out brutal. Especially when it came to Anthony," she says, and I sigh.

"Well, I did kinda tell you that she's really brutal when it comes to those things. So in a way, I kinda warned you," I say, in a weird state of defense. Sophia takes a slight form of offense to my comment.

"Are you defending her, Ray?" she asks, and I raise my hands up in defense.

"No, of course not. I'm just saying that I did warn you when it came to my aunt," I say. Sophia frowns.

"Ray, she took it too far. Anthony had nothing to do with this, and she's dragging him into this for no reason. And she insulted him when she never even met him. That's so low," she says. I shrug.

"Fine. That's low. I admit it. Again, I told you, you have to be careful around her. She's really brutal that way," I say, in an even more defensive way. Sophia raises her eyebrow.

"See? Ray, you're basically defending her! How can you defend her like this? She's so mean and rude!" Sophia squeals. For the first time in a while, irritation starts to boil in my blood. Drops are trickling in slowly, and intoxicating the blood that flows through my body.

"Sophia, she's family! I can't go completely against her! You know that, right? I love my family so much, and you know that! Even my aunt, despite the fact that she can be really mean sometimes," I tell her. Sophia scoffs.

"I thought you were going to be a little bit more supportive of my side of the argument, Ray. Come on," she says, while I sigh.

"Sophia, I've been so supportive of you! I've been there for so long, cheering you on for as long as I can remember! I defend my family member once, and you get mad at me! Come on!" I say out of annoyance.

"I've been supportive of you too! I've grit my teeth, and I stood by this whole thing without complaining! Don't make me look like the bad guy over here!" she defends, while looking angrier and angrier by the second. I sigh.

"I'm not making you look like the bad guy, Sophia. I'm just saying my own opinion over here. You shouldn't get mad at me for something like this!" I say, with the irritation level in my blood not wavering at all. It's like there's a little bottle, with a dropper above my bloodstream, with irritation droplets slowly dripping as this conversation gets more heated. The fire in Sophia's eyes intensifies a little bit more.

"Ray, I'm not mad at you! I'm mad at your aunt! Get your facts straight! Did you not hear what I just said? She said those horrible things about Anthony! Do I have to drill it in your brain?" she yells at me. The speed of the irritation drops starts to steadily accelerate. I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I can control what I say at this point. My irritation level hasn't been this high since the car accident, and it's not suiting me.