Chapter 13: The Good and the Bad (Part 1)

If I were to be 189.256% honest right now, I would say that I absolutely despise shallow guys. I think pretty much all girls do, but I just can't stand them. When Roman told me I'm pretty and winked at me, then he was pretty much just flirting with me. 

Roman, , just isn't my type. He doesn't seem the most smart, and he seems to be very shallow. I would choose Ray any day over Roman. That's actually pretty clear. Roman, my friend, you don't stand a chance against Ray. I'd like to see you try. You won't succeed, because my heart is with Ray. For sure.

    And this is exactly what I'm thinking about when Roman tells me that I'm pretty. I admit that I have some good looks, but there's no way to say it like you want to make out with me. Does Roman even care about what a girl is like on the inside? Is he really that shallow? Man, I really hope that he doesn't make a move on me, because I'm not interested. I still have some feelings for Ray. I still like him. And I want to.

"Sophia. Sophia," someone says. I feel a nudging on my arm, and I realize Sonia is trying to get my attention. 

"Oh, sorry Sonia. What is it?" I ask. She slaps her hand to her forehead. 

"I want to know what you think about Roman," she asks, annoyed. Really? That's what she wanted to ask me about? Well, I guess it's a good time to tell her everything that's happened so far. I sigh. 

"Where do I start? He seems really cocky, selfish, snobby, shallow, narcissistic, and just everything I don't like in a guy," I say. Sonia nods.

"I actually feel the same way. I admit, he's really hot. But, it hasn't even been two minutes, and I can already tell something is wrong with the guy," she says. We really see eye to eye on a lot of things. That's why we're good friends.

A week passes by since the whole incident with Roman and Ray. I'm just going to spit this out. I don't think one week has ever been more painful ever. For the whole week, I tried my absolute best to avoid Ray as much as possible. Guilt was overriding me for the past week, and it's absolutely the worst feeling anyone can ever feel. 

Actually, Ray was avoiding me as well. He doesn't make a lot of eye contact with me and he's not been talking to me much. Not only that, Roman is in my French class, and he's making it hell for me.

 I'm positive that I can see him staring at me from the corner of my eye. I'm positive that he's stalking me. Throughout my day, I'm keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. I've even been confiding my fears to my TA partner, Belle, but she just says, "Roman probably is just looking at you normally. He's probably not stalking you. You're being paranoid."

As much as I hate to admit it, Belle's probably right.

    With that, I went to AP French class. I have a clan in pretty much all of my classes. In French, I have Amy and two boys, Sam and Louis. I am practically the French guru of the class because I'm ¼ French, so everyone comes and asks me questions.

 I already kind of understood it when I took the class, but I spoke French that was more broken than a wishbone, so I decided to take the class. And this is so awesome. I'm planning on continuing in college. When I get there, Louis already has a chair pulled up next to Amy and Sam. 

"Thanks, Louis," I say, and sit down. Our French teacher, Ms. Green, gets up and tells us to get French textbooks. I always get textbooks for my friends, so I get up and go get four textbooks for my friends and I. 

As I was piling on the textbooks, someone came up next to me and started getting textbooks too. When I turned my head, Roman was standing there, getting textbooks. I silently groan. I can't help but wonder how many more days I have to spend with this jerk.