Chapter 18: Unforeseen Circumstances

"Randall Abram Richards, if you do not give that back to me, you are so dead!" I yell. Randy jumps up and down. 

"Really? I'd like to see you try, Ray-Ray. Come and get it," he says. He really knows how to push my buttons. I lunge at Randy, but he's so quick on his feet. He immediately jumps off my bed and started running around the house.

"You can't catch me, Ray-Ray!" he mocks, like a parrot. 

"Randy, Ray, what's going on?" my mother calls. We both stop dead in our tracks. This is the part where either one of us could die at any moment. 

"Mom, Ray was picking on me! He was being so mean to me! So I want to see what he's hiding!" Randy cries, scrunching up his face like a baby. In all of my years of living, I don't think that I've dealt with a bigger liar than Randy.

"I refused to let him touch Sophia's painting because it was so delicate. If it gets into his hands he will break it like a twig!" I say. My mother glares at Randy. 

"Randall, give that painting back to Ray! If you don't, I'm not going to take you and Daniel to that movie!" she says, in that steely voice that makes us piss our pants. Randy glares at me. 

"You win for now, Ray. But don't you worry. I will get my revenge," he says, and thrusts the painting in my arms.

He sounds like one of those villains from one of those action movies. The ones that are like, "It's not over until I say it's over." Randy sounds exactly like that. And it cracks me up. I'm literally dying of laughter. I'm laughing so hard that I'm holding my stomach and I'm afraid that I'll eventually suffocate because I'm so out of breath from laughing so hard.

My mother looks at me like I'm crazy. "You sound like John Kramer from Saw. It's not a good thing," my mother says. I just laugh and shrug it off.

The days after Christmas are always a breeze. I get to enjoy my new gifts and live life to the fullest. These are also the days in which I've talked to Sophia the most. I've always called her and struck up a conversation with her. They could last for hours if my phone battery didn't get so drained. It's a fact. 

If you put me on a flight to Paris with Sophia for 10 hours, I won't get any sleep because I'll be talking to her the whole time. That's the thing. She is never boring at all. If I need to stay awake, then she'll tell me jokes to keep me laughing. She knows just how to keep me happy. She always tries to make me happy even if she's not herself.

I'm in my room, on my computer, listening to some good ol' Eminem. I find him relaxing. Randy likes Kanye West and I like Eminem. Another source for our hatred. As I'm blasting my music, my mother comes in. 

"Ray, I need you to go drop off something at the post office. It'll be quick. I promise," she says. I sigh. 

"Fine, I'll do it," I say, and take the envelope. I'm just waiting for the day Randy gets his driver's license. I don't have to drive around doing my mother's errands. I know that sounds lazy. But she forces me to do 75% of her errands when she could have done them on her way home from work or when she was picking us up. Oh wait. I do sound lazy. Never mind. I'll stop talking.

The post office is kinda far. I live on the far end of town, so it'll be a little bit harder for me to drop off the mail. As I'm driving back, I can feel something is wrong. There's just this feeling inside me that something is wrong. I feel like something bad is going to happen. 

I usually only experience this when I have bad dreams. Especially during the one where Roman killed Sophia not long after the trial. My gosh, that was an awful dream.

I really hope that does not happen in real life, because I don't want Sophia to die because of some nutso. I also don't want her to die when I've done something wrong. This is so cliche, but I'd take a bullet for her. In the head. In the middle of nowhere. 

I'll put up a fight until the end. I'll do anything to protect Sophia's life. Because she doesn't deserve to die because of me. She deserves to live a life she will love. I'll make sure of it. Gosh, I really am going on a love rant today, aren't I? I'll stop now. I'm sure you're done hearing all of that.

As I'm driving home, there is this car that's constantly near me. Especially when I take turns at a light. I'm just a little bit worried. Call me paranoid, but can't a guy be worried when it feels like someone is stalking him? I try to drive home without any more distractions. 

I'm about two streets away from my house when I see another car coming from the side of the road. It's moving too fast for me to react. It comes my way, rams into the side of my car, and then slows down to drive behind me. I feel the impact, and then a little bit of pain following.

Oh no. My mom is going to kill me for destroying her car like this. I try to continue driving. However, the car behind me rams into the back of my car, hitting it harder than the first time. I can feel my body being thrusted forward, then I can feel my head hit the steering wheel. I feel the pain for a second, then I black out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh goodness. This isn't good. What do you think happened to Ray? Do you think he will be okay? Let me know in the comments.

Hey everyone! How are you? I'm so sorry for the filler like chapter. This is not my best work, but something really big is coming up. This was just kind of to advance it to that level. You know what I'm talking about? Ah never mind. I'll shut up now. I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote/comment/follow/share/message if you like my work! See you all next Sunday with a new chapter of I Never Imagined! Have a great week!

Love every one of you,

S.V.T.S