Irl 8.5

Dallon had driven to Hayley's house that morning with a huge grin on his face. He loved her, though he didn't feel like he was deeply in love. He felt like he was best friends with her, but isn't that how relationships are?

One thing Dallon knew was that he had this pull towards someone and before he had the chance to ask, that someone was taken. He sighed, at how he had missed the greatest opportunity to ask him.

~Flashback~

Three weeks after winter break, Dallon was carefully eyeing the love of his life. The two knew each other through mutual friends, but they didn't hang out or anything. The guy was opening his locker, moving his hand to twist the dial ever so slowly. Just watching him made Dallon's knees go weak and slightly turn him on. The boy twisted again, and Dallon looked at his smooth, thin and long fingers as they gripped the dial-

"Dallon!" The sudden loud noise startled him. It was Pete, looking at him, with his hand on the locker door. Dallon assumes he had just slammed it in his face.

"Are you okay? You've been standing there for the last couple of minutes looking at the freshmen. Particularly him, with the pretty eyes."

Dallon shook his head, "No, it's just- I was, um..."

Pete gave him a knowing look. "Dallon, it's okay. If we are being honest, I was totally checking out that guy wearing the fedora."

Dallon glanced to the guy he was watching and realized that he had left.  He turned around quickly to Pete, frowning.

"See, now he's gone. Thanks, Pete."

Pete exhaled sharply, before composing himself. "My fault, sorry. I was caught up on talking about Fedora guy."

Dallon was about to form another sentence, but the bell had rung, indicating that the class was going to start. He waved at Pete, saying that he would talk to him during third period, and ran off to math class.

~End of Flashback~

It didn't take Dallon much longer to get to Hayley's house. Dallon turned off the engine of his car and got out, running to get to the front door. He rang the doorbell and after a couple of seconds, Hayley appeared.

"Hey!" She greeted, smiling.

Dallon smiled back. "You ready to go?"

Hayley nods. They soon get in the car and leave to Tyler's house, for the sleepover. All the while, Dallon tries to start up a conversation, but Hayley ignores it. He tries asking what was wrong, but Hayley shook it off and smiles, saying she's fine. 

They reach Tyler's treehouse where they are greeted by half of the girl squad and most of the guys. Hayley immediately rushes over to the girls and starts whispering. Dallon goes to talk to Frank, Frank, and Gerard. He wasn't really focused on the conversation, but thinking about the guy he had fallen for.

~Flashback~

"Pete, I don't think we should do that. He'd never notice you like that."

Pete slapped him on the back. "Nonsense, Dallon. Fedora guy will love me, even if he makes me force him." 

Dallon looked at Pete in concern, "You're just joking right?"

Pete grin, shaking his head. "Nope."

Dallon face-palmed. "At least ask him what his name is so you won't be calling him 'Fedora Guy'. "

Pete scoffed, "I bet you don't know that guy's name either."