Irl 6

Warning/Disclaimer: References to the Forest Fic and also has some direct lines from the Forest Fic. I do not own that fan fiction, credit goes to the original author.

Flashback to last summer

Tyler and Josh had found the tree house when they were walking through the woods of Tyler's backyard. They had searched the area but found that this tree house was abandoned, and had been for a while. The wood on tree house appeared to be sturdy enough for the two boys to stand on, so they both climbed up the ladder that was half broken and stood up inside the spacious wooden area.

"Wow. We hit a jackpot." Tyler exclaimed.

Josh looked at him in confusion before setting down his book bag and sighed,"I guess."

Tyler walked around a bit, trying to explore as much as he could. He found some other rooms that weren't as big as the first room, but it was a nice size. He went went back to the room where he had left Josh in, to find him flicking on and off the lighter he always has on him. Tyler rushed over to him.

"Josh! What are you doing? That thing is dangerous, especially in here!"

"I know. It's just..." The older boy paused, searching for the words. "The scent of stuff burning kind of soothes me. I'm not trying to burn the tree house, I just needed to get away for a moment."

Tyler looked into Josh's mocha eyes and frowned, "Family problems?"

Josh sighed, "You could say that."

"I know how that is." Tyler says, laying down on the wooden floor. 

It was quiet for the next few minutes, with the exception of the flicking noise the lighter made. Tyler turned his head to look over at the blue haired boy. "Why do you even have that? You don't smoke."

Josh shrugged, "You never know when you'll have to set everything on fire."

Tyler furrowed his eyebrows. "What? What are you talking about?"

Josh shrugged again. "You'll get it some day."

~|~|~

Josh woke up the next day, knowing that his little brother would bring his friends over, and that his sisters would leave the house for summer camp. 

Just two less people that I have to worry about. He thought.

Tucking his things in his bag, he took a quick shower, threw on some clothes and dashed out of the house before his parents could bicker about anything and everything he had done wrong the previous day.

He finally made his way through the woods to where the tree house was. He set his things down and sat on the dirt beside the tree house, waiting for Tyler to arrive. It didn't take him that long though. Within minutes, the brown hair boy walked up to him. There was a frown plastered on his face. Tyler wasn't usually this quiet when approaching Josh, so he knew something must have happened to him  the day before.

They climbed the half broken ladder. Josh made a mental note to try and take his father's tool box and attempt to fix the ladder soon. 

Once inside, Josh sat on the floor and the younger boy sat next to him. It was only a few minutes of silence before Josh broke it.

"How do you feel?"

"Who are you, my therapist?"

Josh rolled his eyes. "Come on, Ty." he says. He reaches in his bag for a pocket knife he stole from his brother. "Show me. In normal words. "