T H R E E

The next day you woke early, eager in a way to converse with the other cell mates.

So far the majority of the men you'd locked eyes with you couldn't understand what precious looking souls like themselves would be doing in jail. It didn't make sense.

It was frustrating. They could be married with kids, kissing their wife or husband. You were determined to turn them into something greater, make the re-offending percentage go down.

The perk of this job is that it's so rewarding afterwards, when you physically see a bad person change, want to change. The smile on their face when they leave the hell gates, and all that you can hope is that they don't do something vile again.

You munched on your breakfast whilst driving, humming along to the radio music. Days like today were your favourite, you loved thunder storms and the rain. It was relaxing and comfy when you can just lie in bed wrapped up in 50 blankets with a hot drink, today you have work, which is still fine just means you unfortunately can't do that till you get home.

The song finishes and a man speaks about any news. 'Local jail break out' your eyes widen and you turn the volume up. 'A reported 3 men escaped Saint Killer Prison last night and were last seen driving in a white Toyota car. We ask people to come forward if you have any more information.'

You breathe out, glad it's not the prison you work at. Obviously the case is still concerning but you're slightly relieved.

You nod to the guards at the front and show ID. Today will be a good day hopefully, you'll get to actually speak to some of the inmates and observe them.

You read off a schedule and your first thing to do is have a little chat to someone called Jung Hoseok, ask him a few questions. You walk down the halls to find cell number 78.

Inmates aren't allowed out of their shared cells until 11:00am. After then they are free to wonder about and play, do what prisoners do. At 8:40pm they are locked back up until 11:00am the next day. Apart from the solitary confinement personals, tough luck.

You unlock the door with the help of a guard and step inside.

There is roughly 12 or so men in this cell. More than what you were expecting. You nod to them. Most just stare or whisper to each other. Some speaking in other languages. Probably mocking you.

"Jung Hoseok." You speak and a boy raises his hand, he's sitting ontop of a bunk bed with his legs tucked up into his chest.

"Do you wanna come down or am I gonna have to go up there?"

He shakes his head. Not giving you a clue if he means 'no, I'm not coming down' or 'no, don't come up.'

You blink at him. Expecting a further answer. A verbal one maybe.

You sigh and climb up to sit on the opposite side of his bed. He crosses his legs and stares at you.

"So, I'm gonna be seeing you pretty regularly. When I ask you questions I'm going to need verbal answers, okay?"

"Yes." He grumbles.

"My name is y/n." You smile and he nods. "Can I ask how long you've been here, Hoseok?"

He thinks for a moment. "Hmm bout 7 years. Still got another 8 years left."

You're shocked. What in the holy hell did he do?

"I see. That's a long time, what exactly did you do to earn yourself 15 years?"

"I don't really like speaking about it.." he paused and scratched his head. Debating whether he should say it or not. "But I pretended to be a doctor and gave a pregnant women lethal drugs because she believed they were gonna help for her stomach pains. She and the baby died within 2 minutes."