O N E

Your mum came to visit you, she sits on a couch next to you. She wanted to have a chat but refused to call you.

"Y/n, this is serious, you've graduated college and you still don't know what to do with your life! You need to get a job and earn money to pay off your rent." Your mother throws her hands up in frustration. Ah the classic speech you've heard a few too many times recently.

"Your father and I don't mind lending you money to help you out but we can't do it forever!" She exclaims with a deep sigh. She crosses her slim legs over one another and rests her crossed arms over them.

You're on the verge of tears from all the stress and her yelling and telling you the truth isn't what you want to be hearing right now. But you can't be acting like this, not when you deep, deep down know she's right.

You sniff up any emotions and smile at your mum, taking her hands in your own. "Mum, I'll get a job. I got my degree in medical and mental services so I'll stick to that. Trust me on this one. By the end of the week I promise you I'll have my shit sorted out." You smile encouragingly and she pats you on the leg.

"Good. I'm glad to hear that."

*

All night you'd spent searching for places and sent your resume in. Some places emailed rather quick and were happy to have an interview with you, you had a privilege as you were a more experienced person.

You had an interview with a field of work that had always interested you tomorrow.

A jail centre and mental institution, they were kind of mashed together because there is too much over crowding in other places, so alas now they are one.

You don't mind though. Just means things will be rather interesting for you.

Call you stupid but you were really hoping you'd get the job, not only to impress your family and earn some money but you were really interested in the psychological aspects of humans, like why they kill, why they steal, why they do the things they do. What prompts them into the illegal acts?

You called it a night after reading the time, 1:30am.

Your interview was scheduled for early afternoon. You'd been to many job interviews as a kid and had no trouble with them really. The first job you applied for was the first job you worked at.

You had a skill for it really and a talented and filled resume for potential employers. So you weren't stressed and restless when you slept. This would be a piece of cake.

Nothing would get in the way.

*

In the morning you were calm, however you couldn't hide the slight nervousness you were feeling as the hours quickly disappeared.

You were wearing a rather sophisticated fit, the best you could find. First impressions are one of the most important things, if you come in looking like you haven't showered for two weeks they aren't going to care what else you have to say. Simple as that.

You really wanted to get this job and have a big surprise for your mum and dad. Another reason you're being secretive about it is that if you don't get the job they aren't going to be disappointed again because they didn't even know about it in the first place.