T W O

Christ.

How could someone so.. so him do that? It seemed impossible.

You nod slowly at him.

"Scared?" He crosses his arms over his chest in an arrogant manner.

"You must be dreaming." You stick your ground.

"I'm impressed." Jimin nods thoughtfully. "But it's not likely you'll last more than a month here. I can promise you that sweetheart." He waves a finger at you.

Your face scrunches up. "Please," you exaggerate, "You're no trouble to me, and neither will your other companions be, Alright?"

Jimin only hums. "Wait till you meet Taehyung. You'll be running far away when you meet him. Now THAT y/n is a guarantee." He shuffles away, giving a firm handshake to a brunette boy who looks slightly older than Jimin. He's handsome too.

You turn your head swiftly, "Who's Taehyung?"

"Oh no one really. You don't need to meet him, he's rather irrelevant here actually. You don't have to worry at all about him, okay?"

Brian's words worry you.

Clearly this Taehyung guy was important and rather scary. You wanted to see who he was. If he lived up to the talk.

Jimins crimes already are disgusting so you can't imagine what awful things Taehyung has achieved in his lifetime.

Maybe he was one of the mass inmates who attacked the guards to escape? Probably the brains behind it no doubt.

"Hey jimin!" You call out, gathering the attention of others nearby. Their hawk eyes scanning over you.

He smirks. "Hmm? Come to take up my offer sugar tits?"

Your mouth drops open. "Excuse me?" God he's got a mouth on him.

Shrugging he speaks. "What?" He looks unfazed. "It's nothing unusual, I called all those screaming girls that." He laughs hysterically and slaps that same brunette boy on the back. They wander off together.

Your mouth is still dropped to the floor, absolutely appalled. He called his victims that? How disgusting. The nerve on that boy.

"This is normal behaviour?" You question Brian again.

"No, it's not actually. Jimin is generally one of the more well behaved men in here actually. Guess it's doesn't take much to get him worked up and get the feel for his old self. That's why you especially need to be careful working here."

You nod understanding. "I see. So could I possibly meet Dave now? I know I'm meant to see him tomorrow when I start but.."

He thinks for a moment. "Should be okay, he might be on a phone call right now but we'll see when we get there."

You two walk down the same hall, you step with a distinguishably lesser confidence. What exactly have you signed yourself into? You're a big girl though, you're going to continue this job to shove your success in your parents faces.

Same routine as before the prisoners gather around the sides of the walls shouting and whistling at you. You don't miss how some of them follow behind you and Brian, you certainly don't unsee when Brian's right hand slowly clasps over his baton.

Another thing that worries you is that even though Brian would be a highly trained guard with great coordination, speed and fighting skills there is no way he and the 10-15 guards located in this block would be able to defeat all 200-300 men that are here. No way.

Overall there is more than 800 jail bound males here. There is 4 main blocks filled with around 200 or so men. 15 odd guards in each block. That's 60 guards for 800 prisoners. 1 guard for every 13-ish men. Now that you do the math in your head you are slightly bothered and concerned. Either they need to get more staff ASAP or send some of the detainees to other places. Mashing the jail and mental institution together certainly wasn't smart on their behalf.

No wonder they had almost gotten away with escaping all those years ago. You're honesty surprised they didn't get away from those statistics.

"Dave." Brian knocks on the open door. You look in and this Dave person is chilled and laying back in his chair, tapping his fingers on the arm rest.

"Hmm?"

"This is y/n. The newest recruit here. She wanted to speak to you and find out her role here."

"Ah y/n yes." He rises and pats off the creases in his slacks. "Follow me, I'll take you for a walk, let you know what I wanted you here for." He smiles.

"Love to."

"So, a few days ago I noticed we were short on staff. Jennifer who is the lady you had your interview with forwarded on your resume and I'll say it, I'm impressed." You smiled unknowingly at the compliment.

"Anyway, I noticed you have studied forensic psychology, already you're the perfect person for this job. So seeing as that is your skill I think the job that would best suit you would to be the inmates own therapist in simple terms. You know, offer treatment and get to know them. When these men are released into the real world they are going to need help for what to do and what they shouldn't repeat again."

You nod slowly. "Okay, I'm easy with anything honestly. It would be good to get to know them on a personal level and understand why they have done the things they have. It's what I'm good at."

"Great. Obviously this isn't an easy place, I'm sure from the short tour you had you've gathered that information too. So we'll work you up from the easier and more behaved men to the other end of the spectrum so to speak because there definitely is guys on the very end of that line."

Immediately you think of Taehyung. Clearly he's gonna be one that you'll work yourself up to. If the suspense of what he's done doesn't kill you it'll be Jimin. He's intrigued you but also made your heart beat faster with apprehensiveness.

Buts that's also only two men you know of in here. Two out of 800. You have a long way to go.

"Anyway it's past two, you should head home. I'll see you tomorrow y/n." Dave waved you off.

Your heals clack down the concrete flooring. "See you tomorrow y/n!" A familiar voice sing songs out as you exit the first set of doors.

You glance back briefly before you're escorted out. Jimin. Waving at you, a certain glint in his eyes. A smile slapped onto his face.