010

Rosie's Point Of View.
31st October 1958.
-

I had spent the majority of the past week with John; sometimes alone with him and other times with Paul, George, Pete and Dot as well, growing closer to all of them in the process.

It feels odd: having people who genuinely seem to enjoy my company. It was never like that back in London as everyone always seemed too busy with their own lives. I also managed to a job; at that little café that John took me to the other morning. It's only part-time, 10 am till 3 pm on weekdays, but it's better than nothing and brings in a little money.

Rolling over, I look at the clock and the calendar.

09:21.

Thursday.

Well, shit.

I have about nineteen minutes to get dressed and out the house; considering that it's about a twenty-minute walk to the café (and that's if don't get distracted.)

I jump up and rush around my room, pulling on my clothes. I don't need to be late today, that's for sure. After work, I'm meant to go back home, get dressed and then meet John and the others at his house for a get-together. The general idea behind it is to distract Paul from the date; it's been a year since his mum died.

Once dressed, I shout goodbye to my mother and run out the door, starting to jog to work. There is barely anyone around which I must say, I am rather thankful for as they don't have to see me run.

I arrive literally a minute before the time I'm supposed to be there, out of breath.

"Morning, Rosie." I look over to my manager, sending a smile her way.

"Morn-" I'm still so out of breath. "-in Michelle."

She chuckles to herself as I make my way behind the counter, getting ready to take orders as we open in ten minutes.

-

The work day goes slowly, customers trickling in and out. Around ten minutes to the end of my shift, one of the last customers of my shift walks in.

"Can I get a tea and yer number?"

I look up to see John, a smirk on his face. I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

"I'm joking, I don't want a tea. I came to pick ye up." He winks at me.

"Where are you going to take me? We aren't meant to be at yours for another hour." I keep my eyes locked on his.

He shrugs, leaning against the counter.

"Thought that ye could keep me company until then?"

I chuckle again, a blush spreading across my cheeks.

"I've got just over five minutes before I can leave." He nods in response, insisting that he'll wait.

We spend that time just chatting; no customers come in. Three o clock rolls around and I take off my apron and put on my coat and walk out with John, his hand on my back.

"I should go and get change-"

"I think that you look fine, Rosie."

Once again, a blush spread across my cheeks.

"Come on then love, let's go to mine, yeah?"

I nod, and we start walking to his house.