001

In Rosie's point of view.
Date: 19th August 1958
-

When my mother first told me that we were moving to Liverpool, I was annoyed. She expected me to just up and leave my friends back in London, so yes, I was so very annoyed.

Now that I'm here, it's actually quite nice. Quiet. At the moment, anyway.

I have already unpacked, so I decide to leave my mother and her boyfriend to do the same. I shout out to her, telling her that I'm going out.

"Okay, honey! Be careful!"

And with that, I leave, my head filled with plans to explore the town. I walk past a few pubs - they seem to be the only things open at this time of night as most shops are closed.

I can hear music coming from one place in particular. Walking closer, I read 'The Cavern Club', and decide to investigate. Walking in, I take a look around and then approach the bar. Digging around in my pocket, I find some money to buy a drink.

Once I finally have a drink in my hand, I turn my attention to the band that is playing; all four are quite young and attractive lads in my opinion. I sit at the bar and watch the rest of the set. Not long later, the band's finishes and they walk off the stage - all four of them heading towards the bar.

I turn to my left to see the bassist of the band, and once he finishes ordering his drink, I decide to speak up.

"That was a good show, by the way."

The man looks up from his beer, turns towards me and smiles, his slightly chubby cheeks becoming more prominent.

"Thank ye, I'm glad ye enjoyed it." he pauses for a second before speaking again.

"My names Paul, by the way. Paul McCartney."

I nod, taking a sip of my drink. It takes me a few minutes before I realize that I should most likely introduce myself as well.
"Rosie Warner. Nice to meet you."

Paul nods and smiles again, and then turns his back to me to talk to two other lads that were playing on stage with him. I notice that the drummer is nowhere to be seen.

I order another drink, and sit there rather awkwardly, sipping from it every now and again, observing the area and the people. Out of the corner of my eye, I see two of the three boys walk away, leaving one there that I didn't recognize. I take a sip from my drink, not looking at him.

"'Ello, Love. Enjoy the show?"

I turn towards him, my cheeks heating up slightly for some reason. I look at him to see a slight smirk on his face.

"Uh... it was great, yes," I answer a little awkwardly, offering him a smile at the same time. It's a matter of seconds before he speaks up again.

"And what's yer name? My name is John Lennon."