002

In Rosie's point of view.
Date: 19th August 1958
-

I once again make eye contact with him, taking a few seconds before I answer.

"Rosie. Rosie Warner."

He smiles - briefly looking away to take a sip of his beer - before looking at me again, that same smirk still settled on his face. Not long after, he speaks up again.

"That's a pretty name. Perfect for a pretty bird like you."

I feel a blush rise from my neck up to my cheeks. How is he making me blush so easily? I mutter a quiet thank you, swirling my drink around in the glass. It would appear that he has no plans to stop talking to me anytime soon, as yet again, he opens his mouth.

"I like your accent; it's cute. Are ye new around here?"

I only nod in response, a smile arriving onto my face and blush still covering my cheeks. He moves a little closer, noticing that my drink was getting low. I gulp the rest of my drink down and set the glass down on the bar.

"Want another one of these, love?"

I quietly reply with a 'yes please' and I watch - a small smile on my face - as he asks for another drink, getting out his wallet to pay for it. Once the drink is on the bar, John gently slides it over to me.

"So you've met Paul, have you?"
I take a sip of my drink before replying to him with a "Yeah."

"You know we have another gig here tomorrow night, same time if you want to come?" That same smirk still presents on his face.

"I'll be there," I say with a soft smile on my face. John grins and takes a sip of his beer.

"Yer a right posh bird, you know that? Your accent is, anyway."

Shaking my head, I let out a little giggle. "I'm really not, John."

He repeats what I just said, attempting to copy my accent. I huff quietly and drink more of my drink, hearing him laugh at my reaction.

I look up as a young lad walks towards us, and he speaks just as he reaches us.
"Alright, Lennon? That's a pretty bird that you're talking to."
"Back off, Harrison." John pauses as he looks from me to this young lad, before starting to talk again.
"Rosie, this is George Harrison."
I nod and smile politely at him, as he lifts his hand and waves slightly.

I stay there for a little longer, chatting with a couple of girls that are at the bar, George, Paul and of course John. I look at my watch and realize that I should probably get going home before my mother gets too worried.

Gently, I tap John's shoulder, pulling his attention away from his current conversation.

"I'm going to get going now, but I'll see you here tomorrow?"

He turns to me, his eyes meeting with mine; he almost looks disappointed.
"Can I walk ye home? You're too pretty to be walking alone late at night." A blush spreads across my cheeks and I nod, a small smile on my face.

While I stand and put my jacket on, I watch as John says his goodbyes to his friends. A few minutes later, he was by my side.

"Ready to go, love?"