005

Rosie's Point of View
20th August 1958
-

I'm making more of an effort to look nice than I did last night. I'd be lying if I said that it isn't because I'm going to see John. How am I already so caught up with him? I literally met him last night. Sighing, I look over at the clock on my wall.

9:20pm.

I decide that I am going to leave soon, unsure of what time the band would start playing. Jogging down the stairs, I come to a stop, seeing my mother at the door.

"And where are you going, young lady?" She raises her eyebrow.

"Out. I'll be back in a decent time, I promise."

She nods and sighs.

"Be careful, honey. but have fun."

"Sure, I'll see you later!"

And with that, I'm out the door and on my way to the Cavern. I pull my jacket around my shoulders tighter, noticing just how cold it is.

As I near the Cavern Club, I realize that I can hear music - I really hope that isn't John's band; I'm kind of hoping to maybe speak to him before they go on. Finally, I reach it, giving an awkward smile to the men on the door; they let me straight in. As soon as I walk in, my eyes are scanning the room. I'm relieved to learn that it's a different band that's playing at the moment.

Looking at the clock, I see the time; 9:40 pm.

I walk over to the bar and order myself a drink, taking another look around the room soon after. A hand landing on my shoulder makes me practically jump out of my seat.

A "holy fuck!" slips out of my mouth and I turn around to see John standing behind me, muffling a laugh behind his hand.

"Calm down, love. It's only me." He grins at me, which I roll my eyes at, before looking at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Why do you call me 'love'? I've known you for a day."

He shrugs. "It's a Liverpool thing. Plus, why not? Unless you'd rather I didn't do so?"

Responding with a shrug, I quietly say
"It doesn't bother me." I'm pretty sure I have a slight blush that has spread across my cheeks. John nods a slight smirk on his face, as per usual.

"Oi, Lennon! We're on in 5!"

We both look over to the voice, which turns out to be that of Paul McCartney (whom I spoke with yesterday).

John turns back to face me once again. "Well, looks like I'm up now. Stay around after the set and we'll catch up then?"

I nod in response, my cheeks heating up again for no apparent reason. He smiles genuinely at me and then walks past me - towards the stage area, ruffling my hair as he passes me.

I stay in the same spot, watching the band play, and thoroughly enjoying the set. Out of nowhere, I feel a hand on my waist - this obviously alarms me. I turn to see a middle-aged man with greasy hair.

"'Ello, darlin'. Why don't we go round the back?"

I physically cringe, taking a step back away from the man and closer to the stage.

"Uh... no..?"

My reply almost sounds like a question, I start to feel my heart rate get faster.

"Oh, doll, it wasn't really a question."

The man grabs me by the wrist, trying to pull me with him and I try my hardest to pull out of his grip.

"No, stop!" My pathetic whimper does nothing to stop him.

"Hush down now dol-"

"NO! I said no!" my voice comes out much louder than I was expecting. The man is still making an effort to pull me with him. That is until the music stops and a loud voice can be heard over the speakers. John's voice. And he sounds angry.

"Oi, asshole! She said no, so fuck off would ye?"

The man growls, putting his middle finger up at John and swearing under his breath; then he finally leaves. Johns attention, along with everyone else, is now drawn to me.

"Are ye alright, love?" he speaks through the microphone, his voice sounding a lot softer than a few seconds ago. I blush red from the embarrassment of being looked at by almost everyone in the room, but I make eye contact with John and nod, mouthing a 'thank you'.

He nods, and with that, they go back into playing the same song that they were before, but from the start.

                                    ■
[A/N: It's February 24th, George's birthday, so I am going to write a little message for him: Just want to say happy birthday Geo! I miss you dearly - your music has inspired me for years. I hope you are celebrating up there, thank you for all of your brilliant music. I've listened to you since I was a little kid; through The Beatles, The Travelling Wilburys and your solo music too. Lots of love to you, George. Thank you for everything.]