003

In Rosie's Point Of View
19th August 1958
-

John put his hand on the small of my back, guiding me through the crowds of people within the club. Once outside, he shoves his hands in his pockets and looks at me, his head tilted to the side slightly.

"So... which way are we headed?"

I pointed in the direction that I came from when I found this place, and I start walking, John closely behind me. After a few minutes, I turn to face him, speaking up.

"I don't mean to sound harsh, but why are you being so nice to me? Just to get a quick shag? Because that isn't happening, Lennon."

John looks a little taken aback but seems to recover in a matter of seconds, his soft eyes meeting mine.

"I just want to get to know you. You're an interesting bird," he states quite simply. I raise my eyebrows in response, slightly surprised.

"Really? I don't think I'm that interesting."

He lights up a cigarette and takes a puff before speaking.
"Well I think you are... what about me then? If you think that all I want from you is a shag, why are you entertaining me?"

I shrug. "You're funny."
John laughs in response, a joking tone to his voice. "At least I've got that going for me, then."

I giggle quietly and we keep walking, a comfortable silence settling over us, remaining until we get outside my house. I turn to face him, and he has a slight smirk on his face.

"Well, thanks for walking me home."
John nods, keeping quiet - so things get awkward quite quickly. I clear my throat to break the silence, before speaking again.

"Where are you going now? Back to the Cavern?" He shakes his head in response.

"No, I should be getting back home; my aunt will have my head on a plate if I'm too late." I nod, offering him a smile.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, then?"

He nods and takes a step closer, gently pressing his lips against my cheek; making me blush.

"See you then, Rosie."

And with that, he turns around and walks away. Slowly, I put my hand up to my cheek, brushing my fingers over where he kissed me. His flirty behavior has certainly got me blushing, but I've only just met him and I hardly know him. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this one plays out.

-
A/N
Please let me know if you are enjoying this story! Leave a like or a comment?
-R