008

Rosie's Point of View
19th October 1958
-

Thursday.

It's has literally been months since I properly last saw John; I've got to admit that I'm disappointed - I got my hopes up as per usual.

Suddenly, I'm arisen from my thoughts by a loud knocking on the front door. I can hear Trevor rushing to get it, knocking something over in the process. Mumbling can be heard, although I can't quite make out any exact words.

"Rosie! It's for you!"

I groan, rolling over to see the time on my clock.

7:49 am.

Why on earth was someone knocking for me at this time of day?

I slowly drag myself out of bed, pulling on some jeans and a t-shirt, then make my way downstairs. And there he was, standing in the doorway.

"John?" I question, wondering why he had decided to come now.

"Hello, love. Fancy a walk?"

-

After pulling on my coat, John and I left, walking out my door after I had yelled to my mother about where I'm going. Closing the front door, I turn to John and raise my eyebrows.

"Only just remember me, did you?"

He sighs in response, starting to walk.
"Look, Rosie; I'm sorry, okay? I was busy. I didn't forget about ye."

I hum in response, starting to walk as well. He stops suddenly, turning to face me and putting his hand on my arm, turning me to face him too.

"Honestly, I didn't forget ye. I just couldn't come and see ye. Trust me, I wish that I could've." He hooks his finger under my chin, bringing my face up to look at him. Feeling a blush spread across my cheeks, I mumble under my breath. "If you say so, Lennon."

"And I do say so. Now, come with me, yeah?" He presses his lips to my head before starting to walk again, slipping his hand into mine. We walk in a comfortable silence for what seems like five minutes, but in reality is more like ten, before I break it.

"What are we doing, John? You haven't spoken to me in months, but you're holding my hand and kissing my cheek." I fade off, almost feeling embarrassed at my stupid questions.

He shrugs, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Well, love... yer intriguing; I want to get to know ye." John avoids making eye contact and I could swear that his cheeks are slightly more red than before.

"So, you're saying that you.. like me?"

He nods, quietly muttering a 'yes' under his breath. A blush spreads across my cheeks, and I grip his hand a bit tighter, continuing to walk. After a little while, I clear my throat.

"I think that I like you too, John Lennon."

I speak quietly, knowing that I'm going red. Leaving it at that, I look over to John, seeing a big smile spread across his face, as well as a slight blush. He doesn't verbally respond to me, but he does squeeze my hand.