Act III: Hiromi and Toushirou.

Hiromi:

I know I should have left for the Gotei 13, as soon as we finished with tending the habitants of the Red Zone. However, too much happened these last few weeks. I broke up with my boyfriend, I found out my little brother is the infamous substitute shinigami, The Zodiacs came back, my identity as the Men Killer was revealed, my secret was found out and we became ambassadors between The Zodiacs and Gotei 13. All I wanted was to run away from it all, I wanted to go back home...

As I knew I was not allowed to visit my family's house, especially since they are capable of seeing spirits, I went to where it all ended; the cemetery where I was buried.

I still recall my burial as if it had been yesterday. My whole family crying their heart out. I never stopped feeling guilty for leaving them behind, Ichigo especially who depended on me so much and needed me to overcome his guilt over mother's death. Luckily, Renji had been present and had allowed Ichigo to cry on his chest as he held him tight.

Rose, my best friend, could not stop crying. She like I suffered a lot of teasing and bullying young for our hair color, her red and I orange. Contrary to me, she was a shy little thing that could not stand for herself so I did it for her. I was her heroine and protector, but also teacher. I taught her to love herself and how to stand up for her cause she was worth it. I did not worry about her as she now is strong enough to stand on her own... but I will miss her immensely.

Her parents were also there, crying too. I've known Rose ever since I was five, they've always treated me like another daughter and thanked me for taking care of Rose. So, I was not surprised to find them there as well.

Tatsuya was also there, feeling so guilty for having broken up with me for a stupid reason. He had always been jealous of Renji and I's close relationship and the previous night of my death we had a huge fight about it, one that ended up with us breaking up. I knew he blamed himself for my death, if he had not broken up with me I would have not gone out that night and gotten myself dead. But I never held it against him, not our break up or my death. I simply wish I could tell him so.

As I looked upon my tomb I did not notice two humans getting closer and closer until I heard their gasps: "Hiromi?!"

My eyes widened, rapidly recognizing the familiar voice of my first boyfriend, the boy who took all my firsts and I took his. But surprised as well that I could see him. Then again, when a spirit in the human realm and a human share strong feelings to see each other they can. From where else do the ghost stories come from?

"Tatsuya" I sighed, turning around. He was much older but still looked the same, he was holding a bouquet of red roses. By his side was my best friend from when I was alive, she had turned into quite a beauty. Both of them looking me as if they had seen a ghost... well, they kind of did "I'm surprised you still remember my favorite flowers, even after all these years" I commented with a gentle smile.

"How could I ever forget?" Tatsuya asked, voice breaking and filled with emotion "H-how? I thought you were..."

"Dead?" I felt a bit guilty for my straight forwardness when they flinched "I am and I moved on a long time ago, soon after my death. But I suddenly felt nostalgic and wanted to come... I am so glad that your desire to see me again was as strong as me, letting us have this moment"

"Hiromi!" Rose broke down into tears.

She rushed to hug me... only to pass me through. She looked at me stunned before crying even harder. I looked at Tatsuya and found tears rolling down their cheeks too.

"Oh, Rose, Tatsuya, do not cry. This should be a happy moment!" I said softly, trying to keep my own tears at bay "We finally get to say goodbye, as we did not get the change beforehand"