Act II: Yumichika

Yumichika:

I have never been so happy to see that bleached idiot in my entire life. That girls has a killing intent as strong as Kenpachi, and that's saying something! But hers is different, it isn't wild and untamed like Kenpachi's but focused like a laser. There would ahve been no way I could have left the fight allive. She was a monster, one I now regret making an enemy of. At least, I have Ichigop as my shield for the time being.

"What did Yumichika just say?" Ichigo asked, his expression showing clearly how shocked he was "Tell me that he is wrong and it is all a lie! Please tell me that you did not choose to leave us!"

"Ma petit fraise! I would never choose to leave you! But you need to understand..." I didn't even stay for the rest of her answer and took her distraction as my chance to excape.

But I did not expect to find an all out war back in camp. Surprisingly it was Yamada-mama the one fighting and not Abarai-taichou. He simply stood frozen in middle of the battlefield as a lion Arrancar loomed over him. Yamada-mama was fending off against a shinigami with the libra symbol in her cloak and a fishlike Arrancar. Could they be? The Zodiacs!

Taking Ruri'iro Kujaku out I charged against the enemies. I went to aide Yamada-mama, attacking the shinigami. I took her by surprise and forced her to back off.

"Renji! What the fuck?! Don't stand still over there and do something! We are under attack!" I yelled at our team tacihou, desperate to snap him out of whatever trance he was in.

"He won't listen to you, pretty boy" the female shinigami, Libra, told me.

"Shut it!" I growled, releasing my zanpaktou's powers to start sucking out that bitch's essence... but it did not work "What the..."

"I am Libra, from The Zodiacs. I am the guardian of balance, your powers disturb such thing which is why your zanpaktou is useless against me" she announces in superiority, shrugging off the branches from Ruri'iro Kujaku "This fight is useless, young Ayasegawa-san. We did not come here as enemies but as allies. We desire you to join us as the new members of our organization. You as the new virgo, the younger Kurosaki-san as cancer, Hanatarou-san as aries and the older Kurosaki-san with Abarai-san as gemini. We only wish for peace between our species, a coexistence. You do not know how powerful and unbeatable the shinigami and hollows can become if they unite. We are not the enemies the Gotei 13 made us into. They feared us and shunned us for being different... you can relate to that don't you? Your friends, the family you worked so hard for and protected turning their backs on you because your zanpaktou is kido-based. Even your best friend, your brother in everything but blood, left you. You did all of that for love and how did he pay you back?"

"Shut up!" I screamed at her, lashing out attack after attack- which she gracefully dodged.

"But you know I'm saying the truth. Look at Hanatarou-san there, the team he worked so hard to heal and love treats him as a weak little thing and some even threatened to rape him. And what does the taichou he loves and admire? Nothing! What about Kurosaki-san, the younger brother. He was used and tossed aside when he no longer was needed, over and over again by the Gotei 13. Even after all he did. He even was used for sex by the Arrancar he loves. If you join us that won't ever happen again. We would create a better world, a perfect world!" the bitch then began laughing maniacally, she was clearly crazy.

"That will never happen! I won't betray the Gotei 13, none of us will! And even if we agree with the objectives you Zodiacs hold, a war is not the right way to do it. Think of how many innocents will die in the process!" I snapped at her "Nothing in this world is perfect! There is no such thing as perfect balance or complete happiness. There is always gonna be sadness or betrayal, that's what makes this world beautiful. Yes, we were betrayed but we won't let that be shackles that slaves us to the past. We don't desire to become angst creatures obsessed with revenge like you! But I know you won't listen to me, so I will have to make you!"

I released my zanpaktou again, but this time instead of taking her essence I gave her mine until she could not stand it anymore. "What are you doing?!" she screeched.

"Showing you that balance do not exist! It seems that your powers do not work when you are the one unbalanced" I told her, suddenly turning the tables on her and starting to suck up her energy until she was knocked out.

I could not kill her when all she ever really did was being betrayed by those she trusted, no wonder she was so angsty. I looked down on Libra and saw what I could have became if I had let myself wallow on my self-pity. Thankfully I've been betrayed enough times during my life at the red district before meeting Ikkaku, that I've learnt how to pick myself up and become stronger.

I rapidly turn my gaze towards Yamada-mama to see if he needs any help, but luckily he did not. He already had Pisces in a kids trap of high level and was about to blast him with all the consumed power his zampaktou had received from the Arrancar. Once the enemy was knocked out, I tied both of them firmly on their place.

"So, that's what they've wanted. Something tells me that we coming to this mission was not a coincidence" Yamada-mama commented, giving Renji a thoughtful look "What's wrong with taichou? Why is he frozen?"

"Think about it, why was Hiromi so afraid of leaving Renji on his own against The Zodiacs? This whole trip revolved around her secret, the one she so desperately wanted to hid from him" I replied.

"You can't mean..."

"Yes, Renji finally knows the truth about Hiromi's death"