Act II: Hiromi.

Hiromi:

"We are quite a messed up group, aren't we?" I commented, as I looked around the table. My café has always been a homey place, but never as much as right now. But the reasoning not very good "Maybe we should create the Club of the Rejected" I joked, though I did not expect them to go for it.

"We totally should!" the usual shy Hanatarou exclaimed, raising his chocolate cup high. When he hiccupped and started giggling like a mad man I knew he was high in chocolate "Yumi-chan! You are up for it, aren't you?"

"Of course, mamma!" it looks like Ayasegawa-fukotaichou also had already had enough sugar.

"My onee-chan always has the best ideas!" My petit fraise shouted, throwing himself at me and making us both fall on the floor.

What the hell? No one here can hold their chocolate?! Aren't they supposed to be top notch shinigamis! I yelled inside my head and glared at Renji, who simply stared blatantly at me and laughing at my expense. I will have my sweet revenge soon. You better sleep with an eye open Renji. I knew my message was received loud and clear when my best friend shivered, scared. I am not known as The Man Killer for nothing.

Soon all the chaos ceased when a black butterfly appeared inside Famille. Everyone knew who was it for and what it meant. But the details... well, that's only for Renji to know. I was ready to turn a blind eye to it all and ready myself to bid him goodbye. Though, when Renji suddenly grimed and a dark aura covered the room, I prepared myself for the worse. I was pretty worried, Renji almost never reacted like this. It had only ever happened three times before: when I had died, when his childhood friend had gotten sentenced to death and when he had thought Kuchiki-taichou had dies after fighting his zampaktou.

"Renji, what's wrong?" I demanded, once the butterfly had disappeared.

"The Zodiacs had regrouped after all these years and decided to strike on the red zone, they had taken possession of those lands" Renji announced grimly, making us all gasp in shock... well, almost everyone.

"The red zone?!" Yumichika exclaimed, eyes shining with clear worry. Rumor says he comes from there, no wonder he is so worried.

"Who are The Zodiacs?! Are they strong?" my little brother asked impatiently, not liking being out of loop.

"They were a group of shinigamis and hollows that believed peace could be achieved between our kinds" I began telling him "Their intentions weren't really bad, but it all got screwed up when they were banished and looked down upon. However, during all those years in banishment they didn't simply twiddle their thumbs. They recruited people, creating a big and powerful army. Their power grew immensely until it reached a point they decided they were ready... ready to conquer both words. They wanted to shape the Hueco Mundo and the Gotei 13 at their image, creating a perfectly unify world. I kind of like the principles they stand for... but..."

"The way they decided to make it real, wasn't right" Renji helped me out "Their army was quite impressive indeed. After all, it was the first time that shinigamis and huecos worked together, it almost ended up with our extinction... the only captain of the time that lived was Yamamoto-dono"

"The old man?!" Ichigo exclaimed, but shutting up when I glared at him- I taught him better to respect his elders.

"Yes, him. We all thought that they gone... but it seems like we were wrong" Renji sighed "They told me to arm a group and go there, the orders were to save the civilians not to defeat The Zodiacs"

"Of course, those aren't the orders. Otherwise, it would be a suicide mission" I scoffed, trying to mask my worry... and guilt "I will join you during this task, it will be like old times"

"What has gotten into you?" Renji asked me suspiciously "I've been trying to get you to join the shinigamis for years now and out of the blue you are eager to join during a mission. Yeah right!"

"Renji, I don't think you really get it" I replied, trying to keep my mask up and internally trying to calm myself down "The Zodiacs are the real deal and even though you are not ordered to fight them, at one moment you guys are going to clash. And you will need me when that happens, you will need The Men Killer" I ignored the gasped of shock coming from Yamada and Yumichika "Also, my best friend is going there... and from my Ichigo's look, my little brother as well. I am not going to lose any of you to those bastards. So, you better accept it"

"I get it" Renji sighed, before facing Yamada and Yumichika "What about you guys? Having a fukotaichou and a medic will be of great advantage"

"Hai taichou!" both replied, determination in their eyes.

It made the guilt inside of me worse. Everyone in this group was going into this suicide mission out of the goodness of their heart, while I was doing it out of selfishness. But as long as I get The Zodiacs to keep their mouths shut I will do anything. I can't let my secret to be known.

It will totally destroy Renji...