•18•

Song: Nathan Wagner - Lonely

•~••~•

'Are we all the same? Looking for love

Are we all in chains? Trying to be enough.'

•~••~•
|TIMELESS|

The 1st trimester of the pregnancy had passed faster than anyone could really imagine and it hurt Kayleah to dimly acknowledge the fact that she had been gone for so long. Gone from her family, Gone from June, The kids, The Autobots...

Ratchet.

The red haired female wondered if Ratchet knew about the pregnancy when his name popped into her thoughts. The only people that knew were June and her Grandpa Ross... as well as Wheeljack. Kayleah dwelled on this a lot, these thoughts on an endless loop of wonder and self-doubt.

'Do they know about the baby?'
'Has June told them?'
'Has Wheeljack?'
'Do they know she's even missing?'
'Do they think she ran back to her parents?'
'Have they given up on her?'
'Is Ross even alive?'

Throughout her ordeal and mental reflection, Kayleah planned ways to escape; ways to send some type of signal to the Autobots, to the kids, to June; but none of her plans really went into action due to lack of intelligence when it came to such advanced technology.

The door to her room was locked tight with codes and even though Rafael would've aced this with his eyes closed; Kayleah could barely stop her printer from crashing. She mainly struggled to get anywhere because a pregnant woman against armed men equaled disaster.

Kayleah knew she was mid-way through her 2nd trimester and nearly at the stages of entering the 3rd trimester, this was done by keeping tack with the meals she would get twice a day. Then, Kayleah would scratch a line on the white walls in her bathroom. The only place without surveillance.

It was a way to keep herself busy as well, but Kayleah found keeping track of time was a positive and a negative; she could embrace the fact that she was alive and keep track of the year, but that also meant her hope of being found went lower and the hope for her babys safety lowered even more so.

In her deep thoughts; Kayleah felt the kick of her unborn child and although it wasn't anything powerful. Emotionally, it felt like someone had blown a hole into her heart, knowing that this child was stuck in a hell that Kayleah failed to escape from.

The young woman clutched her stomach when the kick happened, slightly startled, but a small smile still formed on her pale face, her face muscles aching from the now foreign feeling. She laid there on an uncomfortable bed, in a blank room. Getting used to bright lights always being on was awful, especially when sleeping, but Kayleah got there. She wouldn't break.