•15•

"You're the last thing my heart expected"

•~••~•
|Aftermath|

Waking up with the sun hitting you in the eyes wasn't as ideal as Kayleah would have liked.

A soft groan left her lips when she spotted the time on her clock. It was 6am and Kayleah knew she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep now. Turning onto her back Kayleah stared at the white ceiling covered in glow in the dark stars, that no longer worked like they once did when she was a child.

The door creaked open making her lift her head from her pillow curiously. Wondering why her Grandpa was up so early- for her to spot a messy blonde haired medic with a cup of freshly made tea.

"I heard you wake up." Ratchet tilted his head, crossing the room to place the tea down on the bedside table gently. Kayleah smiled and muttered a sleepy 'thanks', before grabbing the warm cup to inhale the steam that left it.

The medic nodded and sat down on the end of the bed awkwardly. Obviously not sure on what to do next. "I hope the tea is well...it is my first time making it."

"It's perfect to me." Kayleah replied softly while taking a sip from the cup. Enjoying the tea even though she could tell it wasn't made right.

Ratchet ducked his head down at that compliment and looked at the fluffy rug on the floor with intesity. "Thank you."

Kayleah placed her tea back down and grabbed Ratchets wrist, making him look up at Kayleah with owlish eyes. "Come lay with me."

The female tugged at the medics wrist and even though the metal titan was a million times stronger than her, he allowed Kayleah to drag him across the bed to cuddle in bed.

A soft sigh escaped her lips and Kayleahs head rested on the mechs chest, her eyes fluttered closed. Enjoying the warmth that left the medics body and the arms that wrapped around her protectively.

Drifting off to sleep again Kayleah heard the medic whisper to her.

"My spark is yours."

•~••~•

2 weeks pass and Kayleah sits in the local park finishing off her latest course assignment. "Stupid laptop lagging." She muttered around the blueberry muffin she was eating.

The unread messages on facebook dinged again making her sigh to stare at them. Finally she moved her finger across the mouse pad and clicked to read them.