•06•

sᴏɴɢ: ғʟᴏʀᴇɴᴄᴇ + ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴄʜɪɴᴇ: ɴᴏ ʟɪɢʜᴛ, ɴᴏ ʟɪɢʜᴛ.

•~••~•

"ʜᴜʀᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ,
ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʟɪᴇ."

•~••~•

•~••~•

|ᴄʟᴀsʜᴇs|

A forced smile on her lips, Kayleah sat at the small wooden dining table. Sitting across from Jackson whom also looked uncomfortable.

"so...How are things you two?", June tried to make conversation, taking a bite from the roast she had made.

"Just Fine Mum.", Jack replied quietly, poking at the food on his plate.

Kayleahs smile became even more forced at that, regretting agreeing to this dinner from the beginning. "Yeah.".

June looked between them with a confused look on her face, making Kayleah shrink back guiltily. She did not want to stress June out even more.

"alright...What's wrong.", it wasn't a question.

"well I-"

"Kayleah-"

Jack and Kayleah stopped talking. To glare at eachother.

"Jacks annoyed at me, because he thinks I am invading his privacy", Kayleah spat out, peeved at this. She didn't care what Jack did in his life, she cared what his actions did to his mother and others.

June raised her eyebrows at this accusation, to look at Jack herself with annoyance. "You know Kayleah is a family friend, she is just looking out for us honey."

Jack huffed and pushed his plate away. "-but mum. First she judges me about the bike, then talks to Vince about me, out of all people. Then she encounters Ratchet!"

"Well who wouldn't judge your bike.", June muttered lowly, now poking her food like Jack. To take a sip of her coffee.

Kayleahs Hazel eyes snapped to Jacks blue ones at this. She couldn't believe she was having this discussion Right now. After everything.

She huffed, when he still glared at her. "Seriously Jack, It is not like I purposely went out of my way to meet these people.", Kayleah ranted, beyond over this dinner already.

"sure. Like you didn't go out of your way to rebel against your parents, Back in San Diego.", Jack snapped, hand slamming on the table.

Kayleahs mouth fell open in shock, before it snapped shut to keep back any swear words she would have automatically said.

Calming down. She pursed her lips with much attitude. "How about you tell your mum about the Grand Theft Auto. I hear Vince and you did some racing together."