Trapped

"Okay... so, maybe we shouldn't have wander around on the first place." Kaito muttered to his little counterpart while Conan just hummed, still looking their surrounding for any clues on just where the heck are they.

"I could almost swear that we had gone through this hall more than thrice. But somehow, I'm not sure?" Frustated yet he must admit that he's getting scared.

"You know... there is this witch that I know. She's been telling me not to accept the invitation for the these past days. Could it be because these people are actually witches themselves?" In which, the glasses boy then send a look towards the magician. I mean, seriously, "Witches?"

"You. A kid. Which is more ridiculous?" Kaito challenged.

"It's a toxin. Scientifically proven. But witches? What's next? Tooth fairy exists?"

"Well, she does. And so are witches! Though, I think it's better for you two to never meet..."

Still looking skeptical, Conan reply, "and why is that?"

"Believe me, she's the true deffinition of creepy. Did you know how many times she had been warning me about you? She called you the--" he trailed.

"The- what?" But the magician shushed him immediately, body tensed as his nose caught a faint smell of--

"Tear gas... don't breath"

"Ah, sorry... that's just me..."

Closing his face with his sleeve, Kaito frowns, "what do you mean, it's y--" his words was cut off, however, as his eyes widen when he saw how Conan just fades out right before his very eyes. In that instant, he's on the high alert.

Even worse when he began to hear noises-- some laughters to be precise...

"Well, oh well... through years I've been wondering how it was to kill a phantom, and now might be the day..." A gruff voice said before then, stepping out from the darkness Kaito saw a man, silver haired, wearing a black suit with a manic smirk as a gun aimed at him.

"Uh... sir? I'm sorry. But I think you've got the wrong person. I was just looking for my lost little brother." Playing dumb, Kaito tried to reach for any of his weapon. But instead, he heard the click sound of loaded gun.

"Unlike my stupid partner, I'm not going to fall to any of your tricks, Kuroba... or should I call you, 1412... KID the phantom thief." The man said again. Eagle eyes glint over his prey. And as much he wanted to do something-- Anything! He was, unfortunately, powerless when the said gun-man choked his head to his side as the magician's focus shifted towards the mini-detective who's neck being threatened by a sharp sword on his neck while being unconscious and held up by a tall scarred raven.

"Conan-kun!" Kaito gasped before his gaze then hardened at the dangerous man. This is not a joke.

"You see? This is no longer fun and games. You've been stepping into lands of mines. But luckily enough, our boss loves your works. So, if you don't want your dear Kudo Shinichi here being sliced up into dices, you better follow us quitely."

Kaito hesitated... These guys are extremely dangerous. More than Snake ever was. And most importantly, they know about Shinichi. So really, he wasn't left with that much of option. Especially not, when the sword began to push further, almost draws blood.

"Alright... I'm coming with you." 'Just, don't hurt him, please.' --he wanted to add, but not wanting to make it obvious that the not-kid is one of his weak point, he decided to just zip his mouth and be an obedient boy... for now.

What do you know? He ended up getting all tied up as he got pushed into a room. Well... at least, they also tossed his friend in the same place as him. His only regret was not being able to catch the boy.

"Conan-kun? Hey, buddy? Wake up, please..." he tried to call the young detective as soon he's scoot over and closed enough towards the lying kid.

It takes time, but eventually the detective comes around, though drowsy from being drugged.

"Oh sh**... Kaito? Is that you?"

Kaito sighed, relieved that Conan is finally awake. "Welcome to the land of living, Co-chan"

The said boy groaned as he tried to move his joints, only to realize that he's also all tied up, "ouch... what happened? Where are we? Did the killer found you out also?"

"Killer? What killer?"

Conan frowns, "you know? The woman, Naito Taree..."

"Wait... what was your last memory before blacking out?" Kaito asked back instead, silently mouthing the word 'bug' to reminds his clever rival of the possibility of their conversations to be heard by those who kept them here. I mean, who knows, right?

Conan's mouth twitched in return, before he then said, "--I was snooping around since you said that you can reveal the culprit yourself. I saw some suspicious people dressing in black talking to Taiyo-san. Just then, someone drugged me from behind..." Kaito clenched his jaw at the other's words.

"As soon I revealed the culprit, you came to me and then we just wonders around the mansion. I don't know how they did it, but it was a realistic illusion of you... even my trained eyes cannot tell the difference until for some reason, you just faded out into nothingness. But, boy, there's nothing more terrifying than seeing one of them almost slice your neck like that."

"Well, that explain the stung..." Conan hummed, still struggling to break free.

"Tch! Can't you do something about these? Aren't you supposed to be expert on escaping?" Kaito, sadly, shook his head.

"Chains, Ropes, handcuffs, I can get out from those, but I can't even tell what are we tied up to... it's like a customized cuffs or something." The magician also wiggled his constricted limbs, but all is futile. He sighed.

"Anyway, Co-chan... there's something that you must know about them..."

The tiny detective stopped on moving as his eyes locked at the nervous indigo pairs, waiting for the next thing that escaped his lips.

"They knew about us..." simple words, but strong enough to shock the glasses kid out of his mind.

"Impossible..." He muttered, wishing that the crackhead was joking. But no. His eyes were firm. Therefore Conan gulped thickly.

"We are screwed, aren't we?"

Sadly to say, but the shrunken detective only has one response to that, and it was...

"We screwed... big time..."