The Meeting

Reeling the info out of the former Actress, The two only get some brief info about Vongola. And it's nothing past what they already know. So if anything, it's their way to tell them that there's no space for betrayal. They've had Shinichi's own mother as hostage and it was done with no sweat.

"It'll be fine" Kaito tried to assure his partner, Yukiko has gone to her merry ways by then. "There might have put limitation on what we can do. But we can still put a fight"

The detective nods. There's no time to get all stressed out, moreover brooding.

"We should get going" The chibi said and the magician agreed.

Getting on Kaito's motorcycle they then went to the the mansion where the Halloween party was held.

There, they were greeted by a silver haired man and a raven. Both were seen at the party, and by the rings that glints on their hand the duo have the speculation that these are the infamous Storm and Rain guardian of Vongola.

To think that they would send the Right and Left-hand-man right away. The two couldn't help but to be on high alert.

"Our deepest apology. But it seemed like we need to delay the meeting for an hour. Something came up, we'll escort you to the guest room in the meantime" The scarred swordsman said, to which the two simply nods.

Soon enough, Kaito find himself laying on the bed while Conan looks around for possible bugs.

Tracking with his device he found none nearby.

《That's surprisingly unexpected.》 Kaito signed.

《Are you sure that this thing works?》 Conan tapped on the teen's hand a bit.

《You checked it with me. It works. Does this mean they actually trust us. Should we explore?》Kaito sat up, There's a glint of mischief on his eyes.

《Don't. Remember last time? We better not get too reckless》they leaned back to back.

'Right' no words were exchanged. Both used the time to calculates in their head and calmed themselves.

45 minutes later, there's a knock on the door, "KID-san, Edogawa-san. We're ready, we'll let you get ready in 15 minutes, is that alright?"

Kaito, who was indeed in his Kaitou KID uniform, opened the door.

"It's alright. We can go now" he pulled out the infamous KID-smirk while Conan could be seen not far behind him.

"Alright then." Takeshi grinned with the same sharp edge on his own grin.

He then lead the guests to the meeting room where everyone— The Vongola Decimo and his guardians, his advisor, his personal hacker, and The head of CEDEF.

Everyone stand up at the duo's arrival as they greeted them.

"Ah, KID-san, Edogawa-san. Welcome to Vongola" Taiyo smiled warmly as the duo enters.

"Ladies and Gentlemen" KID said with a lower tone than his usual theatrical grand entrance. "Kaitou KID, at your service" he bowed.

Copying the gesture, It's the Heisei Holmes' turn, "Edogawa Conan, A Detective" he introduced politely.

Once they straighten up, Taiyo started the introduction on their side. "Taiyoshi di Vongola. The Vongola Decimo"

"Tsukichi di Vongola, Head of CEDEF"

"Reborn"

"Tsunayoshi".

And so the introduction goes on.

"Please have a seat, KID-san, Edogawa-san"

The two obediently did.

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions" Taiyo said as he take his own seat followed by the rest of the famiglia.

"There are plenty indeed. But in all honesty, we'd really appreciate some explanations. Afterall, it was not fair that this relationship goes one way, ey?" Conan agreed 100%, but the way he said it. Gosh. Of course KID would put it that way.

Taiyo chuckled softly. "Very well. Since we do have some thoughts on your true identity, and Tsunayoshi did introgated you at your last visit." He agreed.

"Any specific query?"

This time Conan replied him. "Vongola, as the greatest, world-wide, incorporation. At the surface that is. All clean, no scandal, not a single dirt." He started. "It's not that hard to believe on how much power you wield in underworld then."

Taiyo smiled, "And that assumption is correct. So you did your homework, Detective-san"

"A strong mafia famiglia. If not one of the strongest. What do you want from us?" Conan asked calmly. It's actually scary to see another children than their Tsuna-sensei or the Arcobaleno themselves pulling such a face.

"You have information. Hence your situations right now. With some research we've also collected some proof of your interaction with a certain pack of crows"

There's a shift on the duo's expression. Barely noticeable, but Vongola wasn't called the best of the best for nothing.

'We can always fix that later'

Tsuna could see Reborn's eyes twinkle at this and honestly he just want to facepalm.

"Oh? Identifying the folks already? And here I thought all bad guys wear plain-boring-black" KID said casually not minding how everyone present wear black sans himself and Conan.

"Speaking of dress code, Thief-san" Tsukichi shot back, rather bemused herself actually. "We could always go out of style" KID grinned.

"I reckon your encounter with the syndicate flipped your path?" Taiyo reeled.

"Bingo, Decimo-san." There's a dangerous tone in his voice. One that the twins and Tsuna find it disturbingly familiar with. "Then, kind to tell us what differs you with them?"

"Now, Now, KID-san. Let's not get overboard, shall We?" Taiyo cornered the arrogant teen with his own Killing Intent.

Both Kaito and Conan almost clicked their tongue, sweating buckets at the pressure. However, the tension gone as fast as it came. Taiyo flushed lightly.

"Ehm... right" he cleared his throat embarassed that KID actually manage taunt him that far.

"Anyhow. This will sounded ridiculous. But. Vongola was originally formed as a Vigilante group. Through history we strayed but we're trying to grasp the spirit and going back to our path." He said, back to his boss mode.

"Our hands aren't clean. We might've killed more than the syndicate you're involved with. I'd admit that. However we're genuinely trying." The Don said again with confidence.

"Within Underworld, there's no such thing as black or white. Everything is grey. It was a matter of you crossed the line or not. And the kind that you're dealing with has clearly crossed the line. They've broke the omertà"

'Omertà' the words echoed inside the duo's mind.

It's the rule that control things in underworld. Their bind. Their restrain to not let loose.

"Now, we're not goody-two-shoes ourselves. But messing up with civilian's life?" They could have sworn that the don's eyes glow Amber as he continued.

"Scums like them need to be eradicated"