Their Arrangement

After a total of 1 hour thinking, The duo later decided to give it a try. Fight fire with fire—Which, remembering what Tsuna had showed them not so long ago the saying might as well be taken in the most literal way. 

But if anything, there's something that's bothering them.

If Vongola has always been so clean on handling their problems, why do they even need their help?

"Like I've said before, you two are probably the only civilians that has survived a dangerous syndicate without actually involved in underworld" Taiyo stated as the meeting started again, "And that was reckless. Even when you have FBI and CIA on your side, Edogawa-san" He eyed the mini-detective. 

Conan didn't find that too offensive because even he realized that as a fact, therefore he just hummed.

"I know that it's better to work on your own, KID-san. But if you keep running with that pace, sooner or later you'll get the same ending as the Original KID. Again, I'm only stating the truth, my deepest apology for not filtering my words"

"It's alright" KID said, waving his hand in dismissal though he did tensed up at the mention of his father.

"However, As careless as it is, I must admit Surviving them all this time without dying is an accomplishment. A huge one at that." The don said again, "If anything you two are diamonds in a rough. Both Luck and Skill combined, having you as part of us would be beneficial. Of course, as I've mentioned before, once you've stepped the grey area, there's no way to back out. Retiring wouldn't be a permanent option for peace. Though—"

The sky guardian spare a smile seeing their determined look, "—it seems like you've been thinking that through"

The two nods in sync. "We do have our own proposal, Decimo-san" Conan said.

"As you were." The blond responded.

"First of all, we would like some protection guaranteed for our family and friends." Kaito started. "I'm pretty sure a strong famiglia like Vongola could lend us some hands concerning the matter, no problem"

Taiyo hummed.

"Secondly, assuming that there's more than meet the eyes, we would like the complete exposure. Equality in field of information. Yes, the flame-bending included" Conan said. "There might not be a lot that we could give you about what we know, but if you want us to go forward, I think it'll be the best if there's no secret in between us. Of course, in term of Boss to Subordinates, I'm sure you understand the limitation more than we do."

The Magician then continued, "And last but not least, We'd like to have easy access on some of the famiglia facility. Example given, the lab and training ground."

The Vongola Don nodded. "Very well. For the first point, I'd limit the list of people to be fifty at max. The reason is, no matter how good we are at hiding things, numbers wouldn't lie. If anyone would ever find out that you are involved with Vongola, then your closest would get in danger probably more than they already have. So, fifty people it is. I'd like to have the list of names before you guys went back today, if that's alright" The two agreed.

"About the Information and the access, it comes in term, no need to ask. Since we personally invited you into the famiglia, you'd have those advantages listed with some others. I'll assign mentors to train you. One of them will answer further questions and have discussion time with you after this meeting. Anything else?"

"It's enough for now"

"Thank you so much, Decimo-san" The duo bowed politely

Taiyo smiled, "You can just call me Taiyo, it's alright. You've agreed to be a part of the family afterall" he switched the word in Japanese as the intense atmosphere dropped significantly replaced with a warm-homey aura as the people resides the room could be seen visibly relaxed themselves, genuine smile now present on their faces. 

Conan and Kaito exchanged glances at the sudden change. The intention is clear, it was the first test for them. To earn one's trust, first you need to know the person. Therefore...

"Well then, Taiyo-san" Kaito grinned at him. "Kaito— Kuroba Kaito, a Magician-extraordinare~! It's nice to meet you all."

"Kudo Shinichi, but please call me Conan for now" the mini-holmes followed, smiling as well.

Taiyo chuckled before then smiling kindly back at them, "Well, Kaito-san, Conan-kun, Welcome to Vongola Family" 

***

Once the meeting's over and Taiyo greeted them to the group with a hug, a flash of green and black invades the two's view as they were then greeted with an excited Lambo.

"KID-san! KID-killer-san! My name is Lambo! I'm your number one fan!!" The young teen said with blinding sparkles in his eyes. 

To which from behind the said teen the two could hear a groan, "God, no, the brat is at it again" The storm— Gokudera Hayato, was it? —rolled his eyes.

Conan could only sweatdrops whilst as usual, Kaito is more than happy to meet his fans. "I'm honored, Lambo-kun. It's always fun to meet my admirer" The magician said as he presented the Lightning with a green rose.

On the contrary of the excited teen who accept the rose in glee, The mini-detective deadpan with a look that clearly says, 'Do I want to know?' to which, with a flash of snicker from the magician, Conan decided— 'No, I really don't'

In the meanwhile, Lambo keeps on ranting on how much he loves the heists that the moonlight-thief held, How exciting it is when he read the news about the duo's banter, And that meeting the two here is something to die for, more less the fact that they are now part of the famil—

"Alright, that's enough of fangirling for a day" Hayato tugged on the younger's collar, forcing him to back up. Lambo, of course, whine and protested. He finally able to see his idols in person for heaven sake!

"Maa, we could always have some chat later, Lambo-kun. After all, we are now family, remember?" Kaito said with easy grin not looking uncomfortable at all. 

At the words, Lambo calmed down and beamed again, "Hai! I'll see you two again some other times then!" He grinned brightly to which the magician tipped his top hat once he wore it back.

"Alright then, if you'd kindly follow me, Kaito-kun, Conan-kun" Takeshi chuckled, still slightly amused at their Lightning antics as he beckoned to the two.

The detective-thief pair gave one last salute and wave to the rest of the group before then following the Rain guardian.

"I couldn't wait for my turn to be their mentor!" Lambo chirps away, this time the rest of them couldn't help to fondly smiled at him.